No announcement yet.

null vbulletin to legal vbulletin question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes fast on the crackdown, but not on the rehabilitation (I hoped to get an answer to my question)

Originally posted by babolo
    Wow now thats what I call a fas responce

Comment

Originally posted by Kerean
      So will all existing preferences, structure, tables and data all be intact during the switch? Or will the "nulled" user have to start from scratch and set his permissions, preferences etc etc all over again?
      It should be the same. You might need to run the install/upgrade.php script if is a different version and you will need reinstall any mods or hacks.
      ...steven
      www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
      bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
      "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

So all preferences, forum permissions, etc set through the admin CP are captured in the MYSQL database? So all I need is to install the legit copy on the web server and then set it to point to the MYSQL database which I copied from the localhost computer?

Originally posted by 1996 328ti
        It should be the same. You might need to run the install/upgrade.php script if is a different version and you will need reinstall any mods or hacks.

Comment

Yes, all the settings except those in the config.php file are stored in the database.
          In 3.5 some small things like spiders are saved in xml files, but there's nothing there that should bother you.
          Best Regards
          Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X