X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• null vbulletin to legal vbulletin question

Hello ,

I have a question:

I have downloaded a null vbulletin and used it on my computer(local host). I have posted many things on it. So, if If I buy a vbulletin licence and ppen my website, is there a way for me to move things that i posted on my the null vbulletin to the legal one ? If there is a way to do this please tell me !
    Thanks
    Last edited by lovevn; Thu 16 Sep '04, 6:50am.

You've broken the law in using an illegal copy of vBulletin in the first place.

Cheers,
    Robert
    Visit NoizPollution.com // Your Music Source

Do not PM or email me for support, you will not receive a response. Please post all requests for support in the main vBulletin forums or via the support system in the main members section of the site.

Comment

If you have bought the license now you can move the database from your localhost to your new webhost, but you should use the files from the members area.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
        If you have bought the license now you can move the database from your localhost to your new webhost, but you should use the files from the members area.
        Thanks Zachery !
        I dont have a license now but I will buy immedeately . I am really sorry for using the null-vbulletin on my localhost!

Thanks again

Comment

Thank you for buying a license, remove the nulled files from the server and your system and replace them with the licensed file.

Each .zip you download is specificly made for that member, that license. You only have permission to use those files.

Comment

Originally posted by 662C

Cheers,
            Robert
            At least he's honest and wants to have a legal copy.

Comment

Originally Posted by 662C

Cheers,
              Robert
              Originally posted by squall14716
              At least he's honest and wants to have a legal copy.
              I am really sorry for my action! However, I downloaded and used null vbulletin on my localhost for testing it ! Thanks to this illegal action, I began to love vbulletin system and decided to buy and using it legally. By the ways, I have just ordered vbulletin . I will go to the post office to finish tranfering money to vbulletin team's bank account now. And I think that It will take me a bout 4 days to get licences information. However, before I get my licences information, can I upload the null vbulletin on my webhost (This is my fist time have a webhost so I am eager for using it !! )

Thanks again for all of your replies and sorry for my poor English !

Comment

If I understand correctly, you are not supposed to upload any copy of vbulletin which is illegal. Therefore, no you can not upload those vbulletin files, until you have access to get into the members area. When you can do this, you need to get those files, and proceed to install those instead of the illegal copy.

Hope that helps,
                Ryan Poarch
                WebTechTalk Founder

Comment

Thanks for your advices ! I aready sent money to Vbbulletin bank account . I will wait until recieve the licencese !

Comment

Finally, I got the licence anhd finished everything on my site at http://www.thongtinnhatban.net (none english site)

Thanks for all your help !

Comment

hey! i was just at that site today...

Comment

So will all existing preferences, structure, tables and data all be intact during the switch? Or will the "nulled" user have to start from scratch and set his permissions, preferences etc etc all over again?

Comment

Did he really break the law? Because he only used it on his computer for a trial version or something like that.

Comment

Yes, he broke the law be obtaining and using an illegal copy of vBulletin.
                            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Wow now thats what I call a fas responce

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X