Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Import from phpBB2.0.6 on MsSQL 2K possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Import from phpBB2.0.6 on MsSQL 2K possible?

Hi,

I'm currently moderating a board running on phpBB 2.0.6 and MS SQL Server 2K. I'm evaluating vB as a replacement and porting is a significant consideration. I've been searching the vB website and this forum but I've not found the answers to these questions:

- Can ImpEx import from phpBB 2.0.6? (Yes, I've read that it can import from 2.0.8.) Just the users. We're going to archive the old board and start a clean one.

- Will mods to the user tables affect ImpEx? If I'm not wrong, we've only added fields, but not removed or modified the original ones.

- Can ImpEx import from MS SQL Server 2K (to MySQL, of course)?

Thanks!
    Vincent
    Running vBulletin for AquaticQuotient.com - a community of aquarium lovers

I do not read in the thread about phpBB import details that it is not possible. But I am not sure. It does say that it is up from 2.0.8, so I am not sure if 2.0.6 would work. I will send a PrivMsg to the developer and notify him about this thread.

Comment

1) Yes, and if not I'll update it.

2) No, as long as the original columns are there and untouched.

3) Currently no.

To be able to extend the importer to use Ms-SQL I would need a copy of the database as test date to be able to extend and test the importer.

If you are interested in that, please PM me.
      I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X