Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free BB or go Vbulletin?

Hi all,
    I really enjoy this board a lot, you all are really helpful. I currently have a small entertainment website that recieves about 70-100 visitors a day. I have a chatroom but no message board or forum. My question is, for a site the size of mines, should I start out small with a free message board, or should I just go for the Vbulletin. I was thinking vb might be best so that I wouldnt have a problem as far as transferring posts etc in the long run. What do you all think? Also as far as ease of setup, for a somewhat beginner like me, how hard is it to get the vb up and running?
    or please email me [email protected]

thanks for any comments.
    Last edited by SHAYAH; Wed 1 Sep '04, 6:37pm. Reason: adding email

I'm not on the staff, but even for a small board, I'm finding it worthwhile to go with vBulletin... I don't have to worry about "upgrading" later, and if you're not too busy right off the bat, that's great! More time to learn about the software, and what you want it to do!
    As far as setting it up, my host did that and the first upgrade or two, but I've been doing them lately and they're a breeze... these guys do a great job.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, I went to your homepage which is a good example of the type of site I was speaking about. Not to big or millions of visitors a day, but still has a nice forum for communication. I guess im convinced, and as you said its probably best that I get started now while I have time to work with it.

Comment

LOL I had to go look to see what is "visible" if you haven't registered, looks kind of empty, doesn't it?
        We have between 50 and 75 people who visit every day, and roughly 300 or so posts a day...one of the best things I've found about vBulletin is that there really isn't anything that HAS to be done as far as the software goes on a regular basis, but there's a lot that CAN be done to personalize it...

Comment

I have a good size vBulletin, not quite big, in fact, I would love more members, but vBulletin has SO many bells and whistles. I will guarantee you, once you vB'd you will never go back.

Comment

I vote to go for vBulletin

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X