PHPNuke 7.3 to vBulletin 3.0.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHPNuke 7.3 to vBulletin 3.0.3

I currently use PHP-Nuke 7.3 (with phpBB 2.0.8) and am considering moving to vBulletin with vbPortal. Am I going to just treat this like a phpBB -> vBulletin conversion or does the fact that I use PHP-Nuke make things more complicated?

TIA,
    Hostile

Originally posted by Hostile
    I currently use PHP-Nuke 7.3 (with phpBB 2.0.8) and am considering moving to vBulletin with vbPortal. Am I going to just treat this like a phpBB -> vBulletin conversion or does the fact that I use PHP-Nuke make things more complicated?

TIA,
    Hostile
    it depents how much your phpbb database has been altered. i dunno what phpnuke exactly does but you should try to get your phpbb back to original state if you want to be sure that your import will be succesfully.
    Originally Posted by Zachery
    John originally presented vBulletin to Infopop, they didn't take it, so he took it and sold it

Originally Posted by Martin
    We had to do a lot of arm twisting to get him to do it, though. I would imagine he still hates us.

Comment

I may be able to help you soon. I am currently writing a converter for phpNuke BB to vB. All you have to do is leave phpNuke in the database, because that is what is going to be converted.

Comment

I have not made any modifications to the PHPNuke database. The only changes that have been made are that some new tables were created for some modules/blocks that should have no effect on a vBulletin install since they would just be ignored during the conversion.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle Korleski
          I may be able to help you soon. I am currently writing a converter for phpNuke BB to vB. All you have to do is leave phpNuke in the database, because that is what is going to be converted.
          Awesome, can you keep be updated on your progress?

Comment

Hi, I am also very interested in this...

Any updates as yet?

Comment

just wondering how this is comming along?

Comment

Originally posted by Hostile

TIA,
                Hostile
                I've been trying to do the same thing for 4 days now.. phpnuke to vb..

can anyone help? is there and importer out there?

Comment

If you are converting PHPNuke's Forum Module, you can probably use the phpBB (2.0.4 - 2.0.11) importer and modify it slightly so it will import the database info.
                  ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                  Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by James Kojiro
                    We had move phpnukebb database to original phpbb databased w/o problems, there are an importer for this.
                    We do feel that phpbb 2 vbb convertor already exist.
                    So all you have to do, is to run two of these convertors one by one.

Comment

I'm currently running phpnuke 7.5 and am setting up a recently purchased vBulletin 3.06. I've spent many hours trying to import my nuke data to vB. I'm able to sucessfully import the user database, but the forums are a totally different beast.

I've read many forum posts, both here, and on vBulletin.org and everyone say's pretty much the same thing:

1) Create a brand new phpbb install
                      2) Using phpMyAdmin, export all the databases that start with nuke_bb
                      3) remove all the tables in your phpbb (except phpbb_confirm)
                      4) import the data you exported in step 3 (from the nuke database) into phpbb
                      5) install / configure / run impex on your vBulletin forum, and viola, presto everything works.

Thats the theory anyhow, although I'm having troubles at step 5. I think its because my data that I imported from nuke isn't 'quite right' in phpbb. I'll do more and hope it works, but to be honest, when I bought vBulletin I was hoping there would be stronger support for going directly from phpnuke to vBulletin.
                      -DJ Blittz

RacketRadio.com

Comment

Originally posted by Blittz
                        I'm currently running phpnuke 7.5 and am setting up a recently purchased vBulletin 3.06. I've spent many hours trying to import my nuke data to vB. I'm able to sucessfully import the user database, but the forums are a totally different beast.

I've read many forum posts, both here, and on vBulletin.org and everyone say's pretty much the same thing:

1) Create a brand new phpbb install
                        2) Using phpMyAdmin, export all the databases that start with nuke_bb
                        3) remove all the tables in your phpbb (except phpbb_confirm)
                        4) import the data you exported in step 3 (from the nuke database) into phpbb
                        5) install / configure / run impex on your vBulletin forum, and viola, presto everything works.

Thats the theory anyhow, although I'm having troubles at step 5. I think its because my data that I imported from nuke isn't 'quite right' in phpbb. I'll do more and hope it works, but to be honest, when I bought vBulletin I was hoping there would be stronger support for going directly from phpnuke to vBulletin.
                        there already is an php nuke importer - http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=102412 #32 on that list. is that the same?

else you could send a private message to jerry and ask if he could create an impoter for it. you will need to supply a test database.
                        Originally Posted by Zachery
                        John originally presented vBulletin to Infopop, they didn't take it, so he took it and sold it

Originally Posted by Martin
                        We had to do a lot of arm twisting to get him to do it, though. I would imagine he still hates us.

Comment

Thats post nuke not PHPnuke unless they are the same importers? I know their different cms-es
                          Not so Rude, Rudedog FPSadmin.com | twitter | Microsoft MVP 2009-2014 - Games for Windows

Comment

I believe they are a generic importer and they work for both PostNuke and PHPNuke. If it doesn't work, you could just use the phpBB importer and use that importer.
                            ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                            Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X