Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New and Looking!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • New and Looking!

    Hello All!
    I am currently "browsing" the net for portal/boards and like many, I want the best for what I can afford.
    I have used actively the following:

    tcms
    Xoops
    Invision
    YaBB, SE
    YaPP
    and a brief time VB a long time ago.
    and now using SMF

    I am running a free PC assistance site and we use much news posting on "Home Page" as well as portal blocks for reviewing topics, links, etc. such as you have here.
    I would like a portal that comes with it's own forum software so no integration is required. OR at least that can be upgraded faily easy.
    I am a basic no nothing about installing forums/portals and mostly have had them converted for us and installed.
    Speaking of conversion, I would also need our current SMF database converted to be functional with this one if offered.
    SO, in a nutshell, it looks like you have here a nice board and would like to get some feed back from others on what their "HONEST" opinion is or what I should review EVEN if this vBulletin system is not for me.
    Are there any staff here that could contact me directly for converting my forum database into this one? I have a spare database to play on.
    I would like to speak to them on AIM, MSN, ICQ, or whatever.
    I've installed a phpnuke site and would still need that converted but like the looks of this one.
    I have asked at e107, phBB, phnuke, IBF, and no one can help me.

    Please help!
    Thank you VERY much for your valued input!


    A new member,
    CP

  • #2
    44 reads and no reply?

    It looks as if this may be a hopeless isue?
    Really?
    4 forums and no one can assist?
    Man, this stinks. Not the forum, my luck!

    Comment


    • #3
      Sorry I did not see this earlier C_P

      vBulletin is just a forum package at this time, however we have a few simple free portals that do not take much to install that I think might be right for what your wanting to do. www.vBadvanced.com www.coreforums.net

      But at this time most forums are just that, forums.

      If there is anything else i can help you with let me know

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Zachery
        Sorry I did not see this earlier C_P

        vBulletin is just a forum package at this time, however we have a few simple free portals that do not take much to install that I think might be right for what your wanting to do. www.vBadvanced.com www.coreforums.net

        But at this time most forums are just that, forums.

        If there is anything else i can help you with let me know
        YES!
        Thank you first of all for the reply.
        Second, please do not apologize for not seeing this.
        Finally, yes you can help.
        I am eager to "convert" my current forum to another, if it means vB than that it means. It is one of the best on the market.
        However, I know not one thing about converting my forum database, posts, etc to vB forum. I would need a staff member to do this or a member suggested by the staff here.
        As far as portal goes, that can follow, but database conversion is my biggest concern and having someone do this for us.
        Again, thank you for taking the time to reply.

        Comment


        • #5
          What is your current forum that you are running? Our importer system covers quite a few and its rather simple to run the importer if you read the instructions

          Comment


          • #6
            I am currently using SMF
            http://www.simplemachines.org

            Comment


            • #7
              Our SMF importer is still in beta, however this is likly to change soon if there are no bugs reported, or if the bugs are reported it will get moved to final

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Zachery
                Our SMF importer is still in beta, however this is likly to change soon if there are no bugs reported, or if the bugs are reported it will get moved to final
                If possible can you IM me to discuss?

                Comment


                • #9
                  OR, let me know when this will be ready, how to get it, total costs, etc.
                  Thank you!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    If you are a licensed user you can download the importers for free in the members area.

                    An owned license costs 160 one time fee or 85 yearly lease, more details can be found here

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Thank you very much for the follow up. It looks like if I am to convert to vB I must wait until you have tested the converter.
                      Anyway to be notified once complete?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by C_P
                        Thank you very much for the follow up. It looks like if I am to convert to vB I must wait until you have tested the converter.
                        Anyway to be notified once complete?
                        The SMF will be moved from beta to final as there are no reported bugs, you can use it now with support.
                        I wrote ImpEx.

                        Blog | Me

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          AGAIN, thank you so much for replying here!
                          Amazing how the staff help even those that do not pay!
                          Ok, in order to do what I need, I would have to first purchase a owned license which costs $160 one time fee or $85 yearly lease, then I would need someone to conver and install this for us, that would cost me another $120 according to your purchasing agreement.
                          So, this project would cost me a total of aprox. $205 to use this sytem.
                          I then would need to get a portal system added on which could cost more.
                          Do you have some type of lower payment terms or options for those that do this for a Hobbie and offer free assistance at their sites?
                          I.E., my wife would KILL me if I told her, "Hunny, I need to spend $205 to start a move on my site, then maybe more..."

                          I am not being sarcastic here, I am very seriously asking what kind of deals you have or maybe your staff or members offer.
                          Thank you soooo very much again.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            You spend $160 one time, convert it on your own, get a free portal system from vbulletin.org (also known as vb.org) and have a nice time with the rest of your money
                            And if something goes wrong, we will help you

                            As an alternative you could post over at vb.org and get an experienced user who helps you converting and installing the vB. That is a lot cheaper
                            That's the end of that!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by MrNase
                              You spend $160 one time, convert it on your own, get a free portal system from vbulletin.org (also known as vb.org) and have a nice time with the rest of your money
                              And if something goes wrong, we will help you

                              As an alternative you could post over at vb.org and get an experienced user who helps you converting and installing the vB. That is a lot cheaper
                              Thank you for the reply.
                              I will register over there and ask. I just hate registering as a noobie, and asking for someone to convert us for free. Makes you kinda look really cheap.
                              I know not a darn thing about the coding or upgrading part. Heck, we had our original board installed for us.
                              I'll give 'er a try. Heck, I've posted the request at 5 other boards so far and this one is the only one that has come close to helping!

                              Comment

                              widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X