Hosting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hosting

Can anyone tell me any affordable hosting services that i can use for VB?

Generally, any of them php / MySQL enabled server you can get on the market will allow you to run VB. If you are not ready for full dedicated server, you can also look into purchasing shared hosting packages from hosting companies. I'd suggest you browse around webhostingtalk.com's offers section. There you will find a large range of hosting companies posting their offers. A good rule of thumb is to stay away from free hosting companies due to piracy issues. If they take your code and run another instance of it else where, chances are, Jelsoft comes to talk to you, not them. Depending on the skin and intended audiance, when you are just starting a board, you will typically need no more than 100 Mb of space and around 2GB of monthly bandwidth; however, if you have a popular subject which cause everyone rushes there, and your skin is image intensive, you may find yourself in need for maybe up to 5GB or even more of monthly bandwidth.

Good luck finding your host. If you cannot find one, feel free to contact me. I have some extra space and bandwidth available. If you really want to, we can always work something out that way.

Cheers.
    Best Regards,
    Andy Huang

Comment

I use Matrixhost for my new site that I have just set up, packages/services seem good, as do the prices.

Check here: www.matrixhost.co.uk

Stu

Comment

I use Viza Web and I am very happy with it. They are very cheap and you get tons of space/bandwidth. Their support is great and fast. Their servers are almost always up! It hasnt been down once this month!!!!

http://vizaweb.com

Check it out!

for $3/mo you get 300 MB diskspace/10 gig bandwidth

For $6/mo you get 1000 MB disk/70 gig bandwidth

For $16/mo you get 3000 MB disk/150 gig bandwidth

and so on...
        http://helpmegetamac.net/blackapple.gif MacBook Pro 15.4" Core2Duo 2.33GHz.

Comment

i like www.imbri.com -theyve been awesome, i have no complaints at all

Comment

Originally posted by Monkeyseat
            Can anyone tell me any affordable hosting services that i can use for VB?
            Without a ballpark of how many concurrent users you expect to have, we can't make a suggestion. I started out on a $10/month web hosting service, jumped to a VPS which would cost about $50/month today and am now on a dedicated host $120/month.

Comment

I am with CitaDelHost.com and never had any problem with them. Though we have a special forums on this site too to discuss this specific topic [ Hosting for vB ] , you may want to look around in here too
              =)

Comment

Does anyone know how much space/bandwidth would be needed for a board that had, say... 500 total users, but only maybe 10 active at a given time?

Comment

It really depends but i would guess about 10GB to start.

Comment

I ran with 500 total users and 10 active on a 200MB account for over a year.

Comment

Thank you for all the help, if i get quite a lot of members they may pitch in :P, it sounds expensive though..... >.<
                      Last edited by Monkeyseat; Thu 23 Feb '06, 5:47am.

Comment

Where are you from?

because i'm from holland and i only know dutch hosting services..
                        and what do you really need? are there much people going to visit your site?
                        how big is your site going to be? more info would be helpfull..
                        gr

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X