No announcement yet.

vbulletin reputation / domainance help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. When its called for (security issue) or there is a new one out, there are no specific set times.
    2. Depending, our only supported way of upgrading is uploading all new files, and running upgrade.php which would remove any file changes you had made.

However if you have the ability you could use file comparision software and do the changes between files. Of course you still need to run upgrade.php

Comment

1) How often does VB do upgrades?
      2) Will all mods need to be readded?

- For unhacked forums - its just a matter of uploading some files

- For hacked forums, vbulletin notes which files were changed. If you use a file comparision (I found a few free ones on sourceforge.net) you can finish it in a matter of minutes, literally.

Theres a tutorial for upgrading hacked vb's on vbulletin.org too so you can see what the best practices out there are

I also have a LOT of hacks on my site.
      Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

Also if you buy multiple owned or leased licenses, you get a quantity discount. If you get 12 licenses, the owned would be $124US each instead of $160. Each leased license would be $67US instead of $85.
        Kim

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X