IPB forum v2.0.0 PF2 to vB3.03

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IPB forum v2.0.0 PF2 to vB3.03

-This is only to see if i can inport the IPB forum v2.0.0 PF2 on a good way and when the converter would be ready before i switch definitly to vB, the IPB is to unstable, the gallerie never worked, even with the upgrade from 1.1 to 1.2, the board v1.31 did lost somethimes his thumbnail size at random pictures and this newest version 2.0.0 pf2 don't let inported users post attachments, i did give them a new acount with almost the same name to let them post again, and when a picture comes to big, even within the allowed size, the board refuses it, and there are somme other frustrating bugs at it ...., i will be happy to pay for stable software, when this conversion would possible, i gonna sell as fast as posible my IPB lifetime licence when this converting would work.

-When i would pay is this also liftime free upgradeble? or will it be everythime a new upgrade payment from 3.0.3 to 3.0.4 ? or only from 3.0 to 4.0

At this moment we only have an importer for 1.x of IPB and one for 2.x is in the making. I have no ETA on that release date. But there are a few discussions about the 2.x importer scripts.

If you buy a owned license for $160 you are allowed to run vBulletin for an unlimited period of time. With the purchase you get 12 free months access to the download area inside the members area from where you can download the latest version at that time. This could be version upgrades and updates. After 12 months you can optionally, at any time, purchase another 12 months for $30.

Comment

Thanks for this fast reply, can that also be automaticly continued that upgrade option ?
      (i uses option this for the gallerie at IPB, wich is going soon be cancelled)

Comment

I am sorry, I don't quite understand what you mean.

Comment

can Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd take on a yearly base 30$ of a visa card so i don't have to think to manualy take a upgrade payment when i wanted to make a upgrade (a subscription to upgrades with a yearly payment of 30$)

Comment

note: you really dont have to pay the 30US$ yearly. only if you want to upgrade your forum. as far as i know, critical patches are free to download, and support is lifetime free. [if you got an owned license...] was that correct?
            selling kawaiiNation.com

Comment

Originally posted by Floris
              I am sorry, I don't quite understand what you mean.
              i think he means do you have the means to automatically charge the $30 every year because he'll forget.

Comment

Originally posted by kanezfan
                i think he means do you have the means to automatically charge the $30 every year because he'll forget.
                If that is the case:
                You can pay ahead, I have paid in 2002 on a license for about 3 times in a row and my expiry date is now 2005. You can pay using cc and paypal.

Comment

thanks, that was the answer i needed, i gonna take now a owned license, so the vB board i used for 2 days to test will be legal, i will start to make all the subboards, let know my members the new board and will import later the IPB postings when a converter/inporter will be ready

Comment

1 question more, is there a way to modify a posting whithout getting a "edit by" line under it?

Comment

why not trying the adminCP demo instead of running an illegal version? at least in the german demo you can also access the normal board...
                      selling kawaiiNation.com

Comment

Originally posted by wEbAddEr
                        thanks, that was the answer i needed, i gonna take now a owned license, so the vB board i used for 2 days to test will be legal, i will start to make all the subboards, let know my members the new board and will import later the IPB postings when a converter/inporter will be ready
                        It doesn't really make it legal though; it makes you get away with it perhaps.

Remove the files from your server and wait until you get the 3.0.3 files for your license.

Comment

Originally posted by wEbAddEr
                          1 question more, is there a way to modify a posting whithout getting a "edit by" line under it?
                          You can turn this on'/off in the admin control panel

Comment

ok, thanks, payment with paypall is donne, i gonna remove it from my server and reupload it when i got the licence

Comment

wich files do i keep when i make a new install that everyting is already configured?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X