Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dioritt
    replied
    Hmm... not so sure that I'd want to go ahead and buy it without first knowing for sure that it could be integrated.

Thanks for the reply

~Sharon J

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Integrating vB with third-party apps and databases requires custom coding. We don't provide official support for custom codes but you may be able to find help at vbuylletin.org once you are a licensed customer.

You can set up different usergroups with different permissions without custom coding. Also you can customize vB to match the look and feel of your site.

Leave a comment:

• Dioritt
    started a topic Lots of questions

Lots of questions

Ok, here goes:

I run a match-making site and would like to integrate a forum with my existing member database (MySql). Is that possible?

Also, I don't want any profiles, email addresses or anything else personal linked to a user on the board. I want them to have their information that's part of the match-making script and that's all.

I'd also need it to work such that when a member logs into the main script, they are automatically logged into the forum, too. What they can do on the board would depend on their level of membership related to the main script. For example, non-members would be able to read posts but not write anything themselves, free and paying members would have full access.

Is all of this possible with vBulletin?

I'd also need to be able to integrate it into my site so that it looks like part of the script and not a stand-alone.

Regards
    Sharon J
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X