Not sold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sold

I have already purchased 3 licenses and I'm considering buying another but there are a couple things bothering me and I'm wodering if I should look at other forums.

I have asked for support 2 times with version 3 and in both cases I never got a response other then an email to tell me my support questions were logged and tracking.

Secondly, I asked for a feature to be included in version 3 and was told I should get a code hack; that kind of put me off. I don't want to hack my boards other then the looks. I realize that not all requests can or even should be done but it seems to me that a bit more consideration should have been given to my request.

Here is my request again. I keep all attachments within my database, I need a way to selectively export the attachments either by file name or more generally by date without converting the way my board stores attachments.

What was the email address you used for your support questions? There are no unanswered support questions currently in the queue.

As for your suggestion, we review all suggestions made in the vBulletin Suggestions and Feedback forum. If you need this now, it would be most prudent to hire someone to develop it for you. Otherwise, there is no gaurantee that we will include it. There are thousands of current suggestions and not all of them can be included. Nor are all suggestions practical to be included in a mass marketed application.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

I will keep your comments in mind while I decide on my next purchase.

Here are the links I was sent to track my issues. I have somewhat sorted out the problems any way but I was not impressed with the lack of support.

issueid 222609

issueid 219306

Comment

It seems both those tickets were deleted. We did have a large problem with spam over the last few months with thousands of spam messages a day. This caused some legitimate tickets to get deleted either manually or by spam filters. For this we are sorry.

We have since corrected the spam issue so that this shouldn't be a problem in the future. If you create a support ticket from your member's area, you will get a faster response.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

The support tickets were both created from within the members area.

Comment

They may have had subject lines that were not vB-specific and were similar to spam. That is the only way they would have been deleted.

Nonetheless we've made some changes to the system and this problem should no longer be an issue.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by spiderweb
              Secondly, I asked for a feature to be included in version 3 and was told I should get a code hack; that kind of put me off. I don't want to hack my boards other then the looks. I realize that not all requests can or even should be done but it seems to me that a bit more consideration should have been given to my request.
              This seems a bit unfair. I certainly can't tell you how to feel, but can you name another software company that will implement a change everytime a customer requests one?? Most companies won't even respond to such requests let alone have an entire site setup just as a place for users to help each other make modifications.

Comment

Each suggestion, feedback and complaint is reviewed from time to time for future releases and considered for inclusion or improvement. Some require priority over others, some might never get included.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X