X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floris
    replied
    Originally posted by sujan
    When I disabled javascript on my browser, I couldn't use the editor, that seems to be a major problem. The thread tools didn't show up but it doesn't matter.
    If you have javascript disabled you should goto the user control panel > options > and choose the standard editor. The wysiwyg editor requires javascript. As I said, some features won't function. But vBulletin will operate.

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    Ah I see you do allow deletion of individual posts, but can it be moved to a seperate forum instead of just setting it to invisible?
    You can split a post from a thread and move that split post into any forum that you want.

Leave a comment:

• sujan
    replied
    Originally posted by Floris
    The front-end will work with javascript disabled, but ofcourse not all the features will be available - but the back-end requires javascript to be turned on. But your members won't need to get into the admin control panel anyway.
    When I disabled javascript on my browser, I couldn't use the editor, that seems to be a major problem. The thread tools didn't show up but it doesn't matter.

Leave a comment:

• sujan
    replied
    Originally posted by Floris
    You can soft delete a thread and individual posts.

If you want you can request an admin demo and play with vBulletin as administrator on our server for 24 hours to try it out.
    Ah I see you do allow deletion of individual posts, but can it be moved to a seperate forum instead of just setting it to invisible?

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    What about my question on javascript, will it present an alternative view to those who dont have javascript enabled?
    The front-end will work with javascript disabled, but ofcourse not all the features will be available - but the back-end requires javascript to be turned on. But your members won't need to get into the admin control panel anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    You can soft delete a thread and individual posts.

If you want you can request an admin demo and play with vBulletin as administrator on our server for 24 hours to try it out.

Leave a comment:

• sujan
    replied
    Originally posted by ManagerJosh
    What exactly is the trashcan feature?
    What it does is that when you delete a topic or a post, instead of deleting it entirely from the database, it will move it to a forum designated as "trash can". I am not concerned with deleting topics since I think you guys do have a multi-mod like feature but can it be used for individual posts as well?

Leave a comment:

• sujan
    replied
    What about my question on javascript, will it present an alternative view to those who dont have javascript enabled?

Leave a comment:

• sujan
    replied
    Originally posted by nexialys
    here is the menu for thread deletion:

if you search well on vB.org, you'll find some hacks that build trashcan forums, or more like archives forum, where admin can move the threads or posts and save them for later use... it can be easily done by making a forum private only for admins... i don't see why we would have to build a complete useless feature just because we can't deal with the actual features.

ALSO: stop comparing with IPB... IPB is having such features because hackers like me have built these... it's good to have a forum filled with a load of features, but when the codes are stealed from the coders without a single credit, it doesn't worth the job made by the modders...
    WTF dude, I asked if similar feature existed in VB that IPB had, unlike you I am not interested in religious wars. Just trying to see if this software fulfills what the community needs.
    Last edited by sujan; Wed 4 Aug '04, 9:59am.

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    Do you implement a "Trash Can" like feature they have in Invision Board 2.0?

Also, how does the software handle people with javascript disabled? Does it present them an alternative format?
    You can setup a forum with permissions to now view it. You can move all threads into it and only allow your staff to see it. I have this done on my site and called it 'archive' and on another site 'trash'.

As alternative you can soft delete posts and threads. This way users won't see the posts anymore, but staff can still manage the posts and decide to move it or undelelete it (or delete forever).

ALSO: stop comparing with IPB... IPB is having such features because hackers like me have built these... it's good to have a forum filled with a load of features, but when the codes are stealed from the coders without a single credit, it doesn't worth the job made by the modders...
    I think if a user currently runs IPB as forum software and wants to migrate to vBulletin it is quite normal for a user to see if features they use frequently is also in vBulletin. This way it might be worth to migrate. It is a pre-sales question after all.

Leave a comment:

• nexialys
    replied
    here is the menu for thread deletion:
    How would you like to delete this thread?
    'Soft' delete it - Leave "Deleted" Message ( Keep Attachments)
    Physically remove it
    Reason for Deletion (optional):
    if you search well on vB.org, you'll find some hacks that build trashcan forums, or more like archives forum, where admin can move the threads or posts and save them for later use... it can be easily done by making a forum private only for admins... i don't see why we would have to build a complete useless feature just because we can't deal with the actual features.

Leave a comment:

• Colin F
    replied
    What it allows you to do is to soft delete posts and threads, making them invisible for normal users but you can still check up on something if you need to.

Leave a comment:

• Lenni
    replied
    the trashcan works just like the windows trashcan. same thing.

Leave a comment:

• ManagerJosh
    replied
    Do you implement a "Trash Can" like feature they have in Invision Board 2.0?

Also, how does the software handle people with javascript disabled? Does it present them an alternative format?
    What exactly is the trashcan feature?

Leave a comment:

• JPT62089
    replied
    from what I have seen no garbage can

Leave a comment: