Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Static HTML without the archive functionality.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Static HTML without the archive functionality.

With all likelihood, our company will be purchasing a brand-free license of VBulletin's software. I do have a couple specific questions to ask (I've tried searching for answers to my questions with limited success thus far)...

1. The ultimate goal of the ENTIRE Forum is for the pages to be read as static html pages. We do NOT want to use the archive funcitonality. Instead, when threads are created and replies are posted, we want these pages to be the indexable html pages.

2. When a forum has multiple pages, the user can click a "Last" link or a page number. The code in the link is nasty because it contains multiple variables such as forumdisplay.php?f=47&page=4&sort=lastpost&order=&pp=40&daysprune=30 For these links, we just want the link to look something like: /forum10/page1.htm Again, the goal of static html pages is THE KEY for us.

3. Within a thread, there are colum headings for the following added functionality: View First Unread Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes ......................I'm assuming these options can be removed by the forum admin, correct?

What is needed to accomplish #1, #2 and #3?

Bradley

1 & 2. These require modifying the code. We do not provide suypport for code modifications here. You will need to ask for help over at vbulletin.org.

3. You can remove these by editing the appropriate templates.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I registered over at vbulletin.org, but I don't have permissions to post a question. Do you have to have a VB license in order to post questions at vbulletin.org?

Comment

No , You need the license only to see the PHP Code!
        =)

Comment

You can post in the Pre-sales forum at vbulletin.org to ask a general question.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X