Question!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question!

I just wanted to know what makes VB worth $200 for one board license and one year support? I mean come on IPB is FREE but the support IS $200 but that is for LIFETIME! Also You HAVE to pay to have a second board too! IPB is FREE! Why can you have a free trial like IPB? You are losing SO many customers by making them pay for just the stinkin board!

Well thats all for now! I just hope you come to your senses and make
    a free trial! and I do NOT mean that demo you have!
    http://helpmegetamac.net/blackapple.gif MacBook Pro 15.4" Core2Duo 2.33GHz.

btw Im not trying to dis VB cuz I LOVE it! I just dont think it is worth $200!

Comment

We will not be coming to our 'senses' as you put it and offer a free download. We believe the quality of vB's code and the support we offer are well worth the price we charge.

And if you don't agree with that, then you do have alternatives as you've pointed out.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

heh

Originally posted by JPT62089
        I just wanted to know what makes VB worth $200 for one board license and one year support? I mean come on IPB is FREE but the support IS $200 but that is for LIFETIME! Also You HAVE to pay to have a second board too! IPB is FREE! Why can you have a free trial like IPB? You are losing SO many customers by making them pay for just the stinkin board!

Well IPB is free , but the problem is that IPB got to many bugs , so to fix
        them the biggest ones the generatl ones , like the last ones was in the login.php
        which means u didnt have access to access the area of customer if u didnt pay
        so ur forum will lost the users.

and IPB its another Software , and vbulletin got tomany customers as i see
        and u can see your self how much they got only submited via links , and the
        biggest boards are using vb , and the biggest companys etc are using vbulletin.

also vbulletin dev's work as hard to make something special for as , i am using
        to IPB but they got to many bugs as one of my friends has found a exploit
        to access the admin panel of IPB , he were tested it at my boards and some
        other ipb boards which i dont have to make public them here.

IPB has been relased another version 2.0 pft , which u need to buy life or year
        license for support , because u cant use it without buying at all i dont know
        or i dont have to explain more here.

BUT vbulletin is the best.

Comment

Originally posted by JPT62089

vBulletin is not 200 USD, rather 160 USD, this is for a license, for life, with free support, for life. The only thing you ever pay for, that is IF you want is access to updates ( like a new version, 3.0.4 3.0.5, 3.1.0, etc). 30 USD covers you for another 12 months of downloadable updates. If there is ever a MAJOR secutiy flaw, regardless if you have renewed your download update acces, we released patched file for you to fix your instaltion with.

But, you will always, for life, have access to the members area to get private support, as well as access to vBulletin.com/org and vbulletintemplates.com for resources.
          Last edited by Zachery; Sun 1 Aug '04, 7:41pm. Reason: added somthing i left out

Comment

Sorry bout the wrong price thing! >_< BUT IPB 2.0 STILL has a FREE Trial!

http://www.invisionboard.com/download/

Also here is the price comparisons of VB and IPB

vB ( 1 year licence )
            Access to downloads for 1 year
            Board can be used for 1 year then must be removed or another licence purchased
            Initial Cost: $85
            Additional Costs; Installation: $135. 1 year phone support: $300
            Total Price: $520

IPB ( 1 year licence )
            Access to downloads for 1 year
            Board will have complete support for 1 year then will remain active but unsuppoted. No requirement to purchase further licences
            Initial Cost: $69.95
            Additional Costs; Installtion: FREE. 1 year phone support: FREE
            Total Price: $69.95

IPB SAVES YOU: $450.05

vB ( "Lifetime" Licence )
            Access to downloads for 1 year only - additional access @ $30 per year.
            Board can be used for "lifetime"
            Initial Cost: $160
            Additional Costs; Installation: $135. 1 year phone support: $300
            Total Price For Year 1: $595
            Total Price For Year 2: $330
            Total Price For Year 3: $330
            Total Cost (Running 1 x Board for 3 Years): $1255

IPB ( "Lifetime" Licence )
            Access to downloads for "lifetime"
            Board can be used for "lifetime"
            Initial Cost: $199
            Additional Costs; Installation: FREE. 1 year phone support: FREE
            Total Price For Year 1: $199
            Total Price For Year 2: $0
            Total Price For Year 3: $0
            Total Cost (Running 1 x Board for 3 Years): $199

IPB SAVES YOU: $1056

I say VB Is taking all of your $$$ From your pockets! Dont you think thats a bit much?

Comment

The $30 is optinal as already stated, the installation costs can be avoided by installing the software yourself which is not very hard to do by the way.

Phone support is also not required, support via email/members area/community support is free for life.

Comment

In the past 12 months, IPB's prices have changed several times IIRC, so have alot of their policys.

Since 2000, vBulletins prices have not changed.

Comment

Yes BUT IPB IS cheaper! And on the forums you cant get official support also you can upgrade IPB anytime and you dont have to spend $30 to get another years subscription

Comment

vBulletin team members regularly post in the support forums, also they are the ones that do support via email and the members area, which is free, and avaiable 24/7.

Comment

JPT62089,

It seems to me, that you are only here to continusly say that IPB is much cheeper than vBulletin, and you have no intentions of Buying a license, I could be wrong. A persons forum software is a choice that only they can make alone. I wish you luck with your new forums, with whatever choice you make, be it vB, phpBB, IPB or uBB.

Comment

I currently have IPB 2.0 PF1 (waiting for final to upgrade ) and I would LOVE to get VB instead

Also for I think $65 you get VB for only a year! and thats IT I think thats a little wacked! If you could tweek it a bit so its VB unlimited and no support that would be AWESOME! I just dont wanna pay $170 or w/e for life forums and only 1 year of support/upgrade...

Comment

Again support is lifetime with the $160 option, if you dedcide to upgrade after your access to downloads has expired you may choose to pay $30 to re-new your download access for anthor year. This is not required.

Also if needed a patch will be posted on these support forums, you will be able to download attachments from this support forum for life.

Comment

Yes but I am not talking about support on the forums Also I would like to get upgrades for free

Comment

No, it is not 1 year of support, its 1 year of updates via the members area, and this again is an optional fee.

Notice that, IPB's intintal owned license fee, is 200 USD, which is the cost of an owned license, plus 1 year of updates(minus 10 USD). In 2 years IPB (as well as Jelsoft) May change their contracts and prices and even services.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X