Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

as a former IPB coder, i can tell that your appreciation on vB is right... IPB, phpBB, openBB, some projects that i've worked on for personal purposes, they are all copying features from vBulletin...

as a comparaison, IPB with the latest version have about 1300 hacks released for it, to fulfill owners needs. vBulletin for it's latest version have about 350 hacks released...

reason for this difference of releases ?!... vB owners have less needs of hacks because the tool already contain about all tools for their needs.
    oh no, i'm not going with Xenforo... come on, i'm better than that... i stick with Wordpress... rofl

Comment

That's right. IPB are cloning us, vBulletin. If I were the owner of vB, I would start sueing. :P LOL J/K
      Metal Gear Forums - Discussion on the popular series of computer and console stealth-based games.

My Mods: Coming Soon | My Tutorials: Coming Soon

Comment

I actually think that's a good thing.

Just think, vBulletin is setting the standards for bulletin board software.

Comment

Yes... finally! I have now vBulletin! ^_^ Thanks to my friend, Justin!

And thanks to everyone in here!
          Metal Gear Forums - Discussion on the popular series of computer and console stealth-based games.

Comment

I will tell you now that I thought vBulletin was going to just a bb system, so I decided to buy just a 1 year license - and let me tell you - I will never go back to IPB/phpBB/PCS

Comment

ZZZZZzzzzzzzz lets not get in to the fanboy wars again, all forum software copys each other. Most of them copied the style from UBB years and years ago.

Vb too has copied ideas from IPB, vB used to have a purple colour scheme then since the huge success of IPB now vB has a blue colour scheme same as IPB also there are many other features that now look similar to IPB such as the User CP in vB now looks like IPBs.

If anyone should be annoyed though it should be UBB as they were first with the idea of this type of message board format.

Comment

John, the creator, offered to work with uBB, they refused, and IIRC vB1 was just a php/mysql version of uBB for the most part.

Comment

Originally posted by Digital Monkey
                  ZZZZZzzzzzzzz lets not get in to the fanboy wars again, all forum software copys each other. Most of them copied the style from UBB years and years ago.

Vb too has copied ideas from IPB, vB used to have a purple colour scheme then since the huge success of IPB now vB has a blue colour scheme same as IPB also there are many other features that now look similar to IPB such as the User CP in vB now looks like IPBs.

If anyone should be annoyed though it should be UBB as they were first with the idea of this type of message board format.
                  Actually I believe this layout was taken from http://www.sc3000.com/
                  ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                  Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

btw Solid...don't forget to fill this out:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/forums.php
                    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Before I install vBulletin on my server, I've a question for you guys.

It says that I've a nullified version of vB by ****-WTN Team. Zero Tolerance says that you've got an illegal copy of vBulletin. A warez - something like that. Oh and I found 2 odd files named '****.nfo' & 'file_id.diz'.

I don't know wheither he's true or not but, I want the answer from you people!

Comment

It sounds like that isn't a legal version of vBulletin.

Like Wayne said, to check up on this, contact [email protected]

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                        If you get one from your friend be sure to get the license number and verify with us that this is a valid license. You can email us at [email protected]. Otherwise you will likely be running an illegal copy.
                        Best Regards
                        Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

Your friend obviously gave you an illegal version, do the right thing and turn in his URL!
                          Australia's Design Community

Comment

the guy that gave you the script is a stupid guy.. don't count him as a friend, please... he is not helping you at all by giving you a nullified version of the software.

nullified means you have no more spyware on it, so it's not reporting as pirated - not calling home.. but it's not legal for that... you have to register to have it legal.

nobody will give you a free version of the software, because we all pay for it, and we have to follow the license agreement... if you want to be real secure, buy it directly on the site. if you have problems to buy it directly online, just contact the team, they will work helping you. you can lease a version of it, at half the price, if you're not sure.. you will have the entire year to pay for the rest of the value and own it completely... or lease it again next year!

btw, no need to report the software as pirated, we already know the source of it... you can report your stupid friend btw, as he is spreading a pirated software to "help you go to jail"...
                            oh no, i'm not going with Xenforo... come on, i'm better than that... i stick with Wordpress... rofl

Comment

Ah, damn! I knew it! I think I'll go and report him.

Comment

Compared to competition vBulletin is ranged lower and you get more in return for it. If you don't have the money you can use one of the free alternatives like phpBB.

Piracy is ofcourse not tolerated and simple against the law.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X