MSDE or SQL and Vbulletin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSDE or SQL and Vbulletin

Is there any way of getting Vbulletin working with MSDE or SQL? The reason being that a number of database applications dont work with MySQL and therefore I have to install MSDE.

If there is a way of using MSDE. Can someone let me know if it is possible to transfer my database from MySQL to MSDE? Thanks in advance of an help that can be offered.

I am sorry. At this time vBulletin does not work with the SQL Engines provided by Microsoft.

You can run MySQL and MSDE on the same server as they use different ports though.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
      I am sorry. At this time vBulletin does not work with the SQL Engines provided by Microsoft.

You can run MySQL and MSDE on the same server as they use different ports though.
      I'm running into this current problem... running an application that has MSDE and vBulletin which has MySQL on the same server. I'm not too familiar with what is required to use "different ports". Can you go into more detail please? and How would I implement this.

Thanks

Comment

You just install them, they can run concurrently as each of them use different network ports by default for communication with applications.

MySQL uses 3306
        MSSQL uses 1433
        Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Working...
        X