Board with less then 20 members, would switching to vB be worth it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Board with less then 20 members, would switching to vB be worth it

Hey, i am an administrator on the Idaho Linkin Park Street Team website, and my staff and i have been working on a new release for our site, and with this new release, we were going to get a new host that will support a vB. I am wondering, with the limited number of members that we will accept, is it worth the investment to switch from an Excoboard to vB? Can someone help me out with this one?

I don't think it matters how many users you have, the ones you do have will thank you for choosing the best forum software out there, vB

I had no more than thirty members when i switched, but my members all loved the change

Comment

I personally think that the bottom line is that although vB is great and all, it may not be suitable for all. Unless you are certain that you will profit from it in the long rung, with only 20 members, it (vbulletin) is quite a large investment. On the other hand however, I purchased vB with 0 members, and no assurance of profit what so ever... "A fool parts with his money quickly" is the proper quote referring to me, I think
      Best Regards,
      Andy Huang

Comment

I bought another licence specificly for a small, private forum for about 20 of my local buddies to more effectively screw off on. We were using Yahoo Groups and it was too unreliable as well was getting too much of a hassle to keep up with postings. Being already an exisiting vB customer on another one of my sites, I was already well aware of the advantages and used to running a vB forum but for the small group, I did test some "free" products but to me, none would do all that vB would do for us, not too mention, all the support and development that vB has going for it so I felt it was definatly worth it and bought the additional vB licence and I set it up on a host package I had available. Its worked out excellant for our needs and members later chipped in to help defray the expense.
        Chris von C

Comment

ya, i am working on getting the monty pooled together, but its going slowly. oh well, all i know is this, we are getting our own domain, and the new message board system (vB) is going to compliment our website. although i have one question, what should the staff (mod/admin) to member ratio be for a board?

Comment

Theres no good ratio, only hire moderators that you trust, only get moderators who will do their job, and only get moderators when you need them, at least, in my expirence that has been best

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
              Theres no good ratio, only hire moderators that you trust, only get moderators who will do their job, and only get moderators when you need them, at least, in my expirence that has been best
              thanks, so, it would be safe to stick with the current staff i have then.

Comment

Mmmm i switch to this board with a very little user also.
                Reason y is cause incase if i cant revert the data of previous forum to vBulletin... i will lost alot of user to notified.

After changing.. now 100+ user already and is still climbing..

Comment

well, i made the move tonight, and i am going to send in the money to get this. hope it is as good as the other vBulletin powered boards i have been in before

Comment

It would be best if you were running a tech support website.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X