Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bulk Purchase => Multiple Owners?

Hi there;
    I replied to a previously answered support ticket about this, but I guess no one saw that one (been about 30 mins) so I figure I'd post here and it may be easier to be spotted.

If I am to make one purchase for three people (Myself, my friend, and someone else), I can purchase under the 3+ licenses purchasing option @ $148 each. My question is, would you guys be able to split the ownership of the three licenses to the three individuals?

IE: I want to purchase a license; John wants to purchase a license; and Mary wants to purchase a license as well. I know both John and Mary, and they're both willing to transfer me the money first, then allowing me to purchase the three licenses in a single purchase. Would you guys be able to make it so that my license's owner shows up under my name, John's license's owner shows up under John's name, and Mary's license's owner shows up under Mary's name?

Many thanks,
    Andy Huang
    Best Regards,
    Andy Huang

I think I responded your support ticket. The quantity discounts are not intended for reselling license. They are supposed to be used for a single person needing multiple licenses. We have had massive amounts of fraud related specifically to that activity.

Because of this fraud we have updated the license agreement to read:

Jelsoft may, in its discretion, allow you to transfer your license to another party, providing the license:
    - has not already been transferred in the previous 12 months; and
    - was purchased more than 3 months in the past.
    You can read this policy under the license agreement here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/order/license_agreement.php
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Hi there;
      Thank you for your reply.
      This will not be a case of reselling. In fact, this will be the only purchase I'll be making for the next little bit (I'm having trouble collecting my money together for this one alreadiy! >.<). I am aware of the three months/twelve months transfer rule, but wouldn't purchasing and setting the ownership to three entity be different than transfering? In all cases, an additional $75 CDN are being transfered to Paypal right now so I'd have enough for my own single license purchase; please do let me know if the above is possible.

Many thanks,
      Andy Huang
      Best Regards,
      Andy Huang

Comment

No, that is transferring ownership. As I stated the purpose of the quantity discounts is to give one owner the benefit of lower prices by purchasing more licenses. It is not intended to benefit resellers or multiple owners.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X