Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Licencing Question

Hi there...

My members area subscription expired when I was on vacation in the US [which I have just returned from], I was about to renew it, but before I do, I had a question that I wanted to ask.

I run two forums, one is running vBulletin [the forum my current licence is for] and the other runs InvisionBoard [free version]. I didn't put my second forum on vBulletin at first because I didn't know if it was going to be popular so I couldn't justify buying another vB licence at the time if it was going to fail. But now it has become more popular than my original vB licenced forum, so I am thinking of moving it over to vBulletin. So I would end up buying another licence for vBulletin, which gives me ownership of 2 licences.

My question was that if I buy the new licence, how does that affect my member's area access? Do I still have to renew my member's area access for my original forum or when I buy the new licence will it cover updates for both forums?

If I recall correctly, when you buy a licence you get 1 year's member access with it, so I don't want to be uncessesarily doubling up on payments.

Regards,
    Abe Babe...

~-< C L O V E R F I E L D . . . Best.Movie.Ever! >-~

IIRC, you get another customer login which is independent from your current account. Thus they can expire independently from each other.

Comment

Members' Area renewals are license dependent. You need to renew Members' Area access for each license that you own.

Comment

Originally posted by Odysseus
        IIRC, you get another customer login which is independent from your current account. Thus they can expire independently from each other.
        This doesn't happen if you use the same email address when purchasing or purchase additional licenses from the Member's Area to begin with. We would actually prefer that all licenses be under a single customer login for easier tracking and management. As a bonus, if you do it that way, the system will keep track of any discounts you get.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X