Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ezboard conversion options

Hi!

I am wondering which way of moving posts and info from ezboard to VB is better:

1. Letting Freddie do it, requesting in the member's area.

2. Importing to phpBB first, and then running the phpBB-VB import script.

I don't care about the time involved, I just want to know which way retains more information. Thanks!

Hi there!

I don't know much about the ezboard-to-phpBB converter but you probably won't be able to get any more information than the vBulletin one does, so I'd suggest just going with that one. Freddy imported all my posts quickly and efficiently (can't thank him enough!) and then I installed a vb.org hack that connects users when they register with the same username to their past posts. Freddy imported over 70,000 posts and it went flawlessly.

I only moved about a week and a half ago. Take a look here: http://www.tailfeathersnetwork.com/community/ As you can see, lots of members have already moved over and all the posts are there working perfectly. Just wondering, how big is your ezboard? Freddie responded to my request within a few hours (which greatly impressed me -- what efficiency!). The transfer itself (of 70,000+ posts) just took a few hours. I'd suggest just going straight to vBulletin; Freddie's quick and efficient and you will be quite pleased with the result, I'm sure.
    Last edited by Tailfeathers; Sun 27 Jun '04, 2:51pm.
    Photography :: Bird Information and Help

Comment

Thanks for the great reply! I shall check out your website to see how it worked.

My ezboard is very close to yours in terms of posts! 66762 to date.

Comment

You're welcome! Just for curiosity, do you mind giving a link to your ezboard? My board had a heck of a lot of forums (over 60) and Freddie managed to transfer it all over so whatever your situation may be, it should go smoothly.

Comment

Here's the addy: http://p079.ezboard.com/brohan73264

I looked at your site, and the only difference I see between the old and news posts are the missing signatures in the old posts.

Comment

Yep -- as well as avatars. It also says "guests" for users who have not yet registered at the new board [with the same username].

You have a very nice design. You should be able to mimic it perfectly at vBulletin (and of course, since vB has templates, make it even better and more to your liking).

Comment

Thanks! One of my main concerns was mimicking the design, but I see now that it should be no problem!

Comment

You're welcome.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X