• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tariqalali
    replied
    Originally posted by Floris
    Symmatrix,

Thank you for your interest in the vBulletin forum software, there is not a central point in vBulletin admin control panel that lists a log of deleted posts, but we do have a 'soft delete' feature that can get limited to moderators and members. This way the board administration can see which posts have been deleted, why the have been deleted (because it is possible for moderators, users to leave a delete message) and manage the soft deleted post to undelete it if needed. The board administration can see the deleted posts (see attachment), but those who shouldn't see it, won't see the deleted post at all.

In vBulletin version 3 you can delete a post, and physically delete a post. When you 'soft' delete it, you can undelete it again. When you physically delete a post, it is really removed from the database. You can remove the permission from the moderators and users to physically delete posts. This way you can keep track of deleted posts.

If you require any further information, feel free to ask.

How to enable it this option ?

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    To number one, i believe so.

Yes, that is correct, anything DELETED on vB2 is deleted for good.

Leave a comment:

• jgaarder2000
    replied
    Thanks. Does that mean that version 2.3.0 only logs the IP when the user creates a new post, and NOT when they edit posts?

Also, is it correct to assume that in version 2.3.0 there is no "soft edit" function, and that edited posts are permanently edited, with no ability for the administrator to see the original post?

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    In vBulletin 2.3.5 I believe it logs the IP during registration and when a user posts.

Leave a comment:

• jgaarder2000
    replied
    Thanks for the responses.

I have just one more question (I tried to post it in the VBulletin 2 forum, but I did not have permission)

In VBulletin 2.3.0, when is a user's IP address logged?

Is it only when they post a message? How about for other actions, such as login, or delete a post?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    Originally posted by jgaarder2000
    I am wondering: how did the delete function work in older versions?

In version 2.3, is a post completely deleted when a user deletes it? Or will the administrator know that the user deleted it, and still be able to see it?

Thanks for any help
    In version 1 and 2 of vBulletin, a deleted post was deleted from sight and database. There is no option in the current 2.3.5 to undelete or view a deleted post, by any usergroup. This is a version 3 and above only feature.

Leave a comment:

• Matthew Gordon
    replied
    In all vB versions prior to vB3, there was no soft delete. If a post was deleted, it was gone.

Leave a comment:

• jgaarder2000
    replied
    I am wondering: how did the delete function work in older versions?

In version 2.3, is a post completely deleted when a user deletes it? Or will the administrator know that the user deleted it, and still be able to see it?

Thanks for any help

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    Symmatrix,

Thank you for your interest in the vBulletin forum software, there is not a central point in vBulletin admin control panel that lists a log of deleted posts, but we do have a 'soft delete' feature that can get limited to moderators and members. This way the board administration can see which posts have been deleted, why the have been deleted (because it is possible for moderators, users to leave a delete message) and manage the soft deleted post to undelete it if needed. The board administration can see the deleted posts (see attachment), but those who shouldn't see it, won't see the deleted post at all.

In vBulletin version 3 you can delete a post, and physically delete a post. When you 'soft' delete it, you can undelete it again. When you physically delete a post, it is really removed from the database. You can remove the permission from the moderators and users to physically delete posts. This way you can keep track of deleted posts.

If you require any further information, feel free to ask.

Leave a comment:

• Symmatrix
    started a topic Can Vbulletin Keep track ?

Can Vbulletin Keep track ?

I wonder if Vbulletin can keep track of the deleted post by the moderators.. So that we could keep that what they had deleted. In this way we will know which moderators is abusing their power...

Can Vbulletin keep track of the deleted posts ?

Regards
    symmatrix