Hiding forums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hiding forums

I put this into a different thread but I think that was a bad idea with it being a seperate question.

-----

You cannot modify the software to make it appear that there are separate sites or board:
    If I can give people groups (admin, group1, group2, user) can I hide forums from certain groups though?

If I am creating a forum (not a board just 1 forum, perhaps the proper word is category) for a course then that could mean I need 100 licences. Can't I just hide the forums so that only the group with the permission to see the forum can see it?

For example on your forum you have groupings of

vBulletin Announcements and Discussions
    vBulletin Sales
    vBulletin 3

So couldn't I have

Café forum
    Group1's forum
    Group2's forum

And make it so that group 2 don't have the permission to see Group1's forum and that group 1 can't see Group1's forum.

I hope this is making at least some sense.

If I can give people groups (admin, group1, group2, user) can I hide forums from certain groups though?
    You can set your board up as 1 instance, you can make categories and forums, each category or forum can be setup to be viewed by usergroups who can. Or removed from their sight if the permission is set to 'can view forum: no'.

Each category doesn't require a license.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X