I have some questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have some questions.

Okay, Please dont tell me to e-mail the support cause I havent bought Vb... yet.
    These are some questions I have about the admin demo

1. Hoes do you put down a new skin?

2.Can someone explain styles and templates to me.. cause that area im not really getting

3.What does "add a child forum" mean?

4.Hoes do 8 make the post details on the right hand side? (i DONT want to do this but i DO want to know how)

5. On a forum I go to, the icons are much better than the ones in the demo, now, maybe i cant change em in the demo but how do you change em on a normal forum? (they look like vs)

Vb rocks. I must say im very imprssed. Im gonna go to IPB admin demo and see. But now that I somewhat know how to work admin demo basics i like vb... A LOT!

1. You use the upload option in the Admin CP's Style Manager.

2. A style includes all the templates, color and CSS settings and replacement variables. The templates are the HTML code for each page displayed.

3. It means you can add a forum that has a parent forum or category.

4. This is an Admin CP option:

Admin CP -> vBulletion Options -> Style & Language Settings -> Use Legacy (Vertical) Postbit Templa
    te -> Yes

5. You use the 'Upload Post Icon' function in the Admin CP Post Icons section.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

a couple of things:
      5. Well, ive seen about 50 boards with the v thing so they all made the same graphic?
      1.How do you upload em? in IPB you just put the css and header on a little box...

Comment

5. Do you mean like the default graphics here? Not quite sure what the question is.

1. For regular board graphics you can upload them with an FTP program. Some smiles, avatars and post icons can be uploaded via the appropriate sections in the Admin CP, providing the directories are world-writable.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I mean like a skin. how would you upload a skin..?
          -can you upload a skin?

1. I meant like
          errr.... how to say it... i took a pic of it. its in my avatar for now, it looks like a v. its on the main forum page on the forum if it has new posts (or no new posts; cant remember :P)

Comment

Yes, you can upload a new style like I pointed out in question #1. You will also need to use an FTP program to upload any graphics associated with that style.

And yes, you use an ftp program to upload these graphics.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

sorry to be dumb but, ftp?

Comment

FTP is a normal protocol for uploading files from your PC to your web site. There are plenty of FTP programs available to do this. You can try searching for them in Google.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Working...
                X