Vbulletin over Invision Power Board?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vbulletin over Invision Power Board?

Well ive made an admin demo, and i like vbulletin. But im still not sure. IBP is VERY easy to use. VB is a little complex. I know both sites have suport (well i think ipb does. never needed it though) so i really cant decide. IPB has tons of things todo. VB also does and looks 10 times better. I like the post details over posts but on IPB i have a code that does that.
    Can someone help me decide.
    Thanks

~Some person123
    ----------------------------------------------
    p.s-quick question. Over here you dont need to use pop up boxes to change fonts and colours. At a vbulletin forum you need to type ina pop up box to change colours. why is that?

Well, you'll get a very biased opinion here. You're better off trying the admin demo for vB and IPB and then deciding for yourself.

I agree that the vB3 Admin CP is a bit complex, but once you use it for a while, it's hard to switch back to phpBB or IPB.
    Originally posted by Some Person123
    p.s-quick question. Over here you dont need to use pop up boxes to change fonts and colours. At a vbulletin forum you need to type ina pop up box to change colours. why is that?
    Which version of vBulletin is that site running?
    Last edited by ajaspers; Mon 7 Jun '04, 6:56pm. Reason: spelling error

Comment

i think 3.0.1

Originally posted by ajaspers
      Well, you'll get a very biased opionion here. You're better off trying the admin demo for vB and IPB and then deciding for yourself.

I agree that the vB3 Admin CP is a bit complex, but once you use it for a while, it's hard to switch back to phpBB or IPB.
      Which version of vBulletin is that site running?
      Okay. Ill try that. Ill try getting 1 week for vb trial thing.

Comment

i think 3.0.1
        OK, check your User CP. Is Edit Options -> Miscellaneous Options -> Message Editor Interface set to "Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing?"

Comment

Originally posted by ajaspers
          OK, check your User CP. Is Edit Options -> Miscellaneous Options -> Message Editor Interface set to "Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing?"
          hmm.. no nothing. but i did bring it down to just html no pop up boxes. but i like just seeing the canges in there.

Comment

You need Mozilla 1.3+ or IE5.5+
            Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

pardon...?
              (im sorta new at this - well not forums but whats mozilla?)

Comment

web browers type. ^^
                My Sites :

Comment

how do i tell what kind of internet explorer it is? all it says it internet explorer...

Comment

Help > About Internet Explorer

Comment

Well ive made an admin demo, and i like vbulletin. But im still not sure. IBP is VERY easy to use. VB is a little complex. I know both sites have suport (well i think ipb does. never needed it though) so i really cant decide. IPB has tons of things todo. VB also does and looks 10 times better. I like the post details over posts but on IPB i have a code that does that.
                      Can someone help me decide.
                      Thanks

~Some person123
                      ----------------------------------------------
                      Hi there

I am very happy to read that you have an interest in the vBulletin software - and glad you are trying it out before buying by using the admin demo.

At first run it might appear complex, but since you won't be needing all the options and features every day - it is quite easy to get used to and actually quite simple to find what is where. It is just overwhelming in the beginning.

vBulletin is more complete (to my feeling) then competition software and more flexible and dynamic, leading into more options and features to be listed in the admin control panel. But the whole control panel is outlined in a complete and detailed on-line manual (www.vbulletin.com/docs/html)

Yes, both invision and jelsoft provide support for their software, but keep in mind that vBulletin software support is free - we have an excellent support system and support team, professionals who will reply to every question within 12 to 24 hours, but our average currently stands on below 30 minutes. (see frontpage)

I can understand you think my opinion is biased since I am a team member myself, but I am also a customer and together with big companies and professional web sites like winamp.com running vbulletin without hickups - and vBulletin being used by over 50% of the biggest registered forums listed on big-boards.com (from top750), I think it isn't just my opinion.

The choice is always yours, on which software to go for, but I am glad I purchased myself a license a few years ago, it has boosted my web site from 10% activity to 75% activity in matters of weeks.

Good luck with your choice
                      Last edited by Floris; Tue 8 Jun '04, 2:19pm.

Comment

okay. ill try them both. errr. a bit off topic but what is vbulletin lite?

Comment

vBulletin lite was the version 2 admin demo - only available offline as a testing version. Not meant (not stable or secure) as live-envirenment. It is no longer available, for an enhanced admin-demo for version 3 is now available. (just updated my previous post btw hehe)

Comment

okay. ill test em out. im really thinking of getting it. my board only have 500 users..
                            its not a lot but i like vb. ill decide later.

Comment

Take the RIGHT ROUTE, not the easy one! If you go with Invision now because it is easier, and then six months from now find that you need the features of vBulletin, it will be even HARDER to learn once you become used to something else. Would you go to a community college when you could go to Harvard (lets say you could afford it, no problems), just because it is easier?

Take it from someone who is struggling with vBulletin: yes, it is a little complex, but I am simply amazed each time I figure out a new feature! I am like, "WOW, I didn't know I could do that!" I am very happy I use vBulletin, and I am saying that knowing how to work maybe HALF THE FEATURES! LOL I can't wait until I know how to use 90% of them!

Regards,
                              Lou

xDebate.com - Present Your Case!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X