Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• goingnova
    replied
    I have to COMPLETELY Disagree with SomePerson, and let me tell you why. I used free php for a few months. Once I got big, I needed features that it did not have. I looked in to several bulletin boards, vBulletin was the choice of everyone I asked (about 10 people). So, I went ahead and bought it.

I transferred all of my old php forums over, I did not lose one post. But, here is the reason you should START with vBulletin: It has MANY MANY features to learn. In the long run, the features are fantastic, and very easy to use, but in the short run, because I had been using another forum system, I was used to using it, and it has been hard doing it a different way. vBulletins is an excellent forum system. Get it NOW. Learn it NOW, not when you have over 800 members, like I do now. Start out with it. SomePerson says, well, it's a waste of money for the first year.... maybe because I live in NY I am used to paying expensive prices, but $85 IS NOT a lot of money! Heck, my wife and I spend that on a nice dinner out! CRAP, PARKING IN NYC COST $50! LOL.

Its a great system, I recommend it, and I recommend STARTING with it so you learn it. Just my 2 Cents.

Leave a comment:

• Some Person123
    replied
    if you dont have a forum now then i dont recoment you get vb. (sorry guys) by the time you get loads of members youll have paid for a year and that would have been a waste.

im not trying to make vb lose money but if you dont have a forum yet maybe try out invisionfree? they are real good. they have many options so try that maybe.

Leave a comment:

• linda522
    started a topic vBulletin & Snitz Forum

vBulletin & Snitz Forum

Hi There,

Is it worth it to go ahead and purchase vBulletin and setup my new forum or should I first try out the free Software like Snitz and if the forum starting getting buzy, I should than upgrade over to vBulletin?

Do you think there will be a lot of work doing the transfer?

What do you guys think?

Thanks,
    Linda