chat room available?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chat room available?

does vb have a chat room available? one that will integrate right into the forums? i know ipb has one and it integrates quite well into their own ip board.
    Last edited by pk698; Sun 6th Jun '04, 6:11pm.

That would be nice to have. I dont have a vbullitin board but im thinking of getting one... once i figure out how to use admin cp.
    ipb does have a chat. i dont think vb does. unless we dont know that.

Comment

ipb has a chat but they didnt code it/make it. They got it from another company

Comment

Originally posted by pk698
        does vb have a chat room available? one that will integrate right into the forums? i know ipb has one and it integrates quite well into their own ip board.
        VB has several chat integration hacks at vbulletin.org.

Comment

The chat that IPB use it also available for vBulletin.

http://freechat.raidersoft.com/
          Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Scott MacVicar
            The chat that IPB use it also available for vBulletin.

http://freechat.raidersoft.com/
            and it integrates very well too.

Comment

You need to pay for it to unlock most of the features. I'd prefer one that i can download and install myself. One without adds.

Comment

I use vBXIRC written by Zachery - it is a java chat integrated into vBulletin - it works great and lets you connect to every server.

Comment

for someone like me who don't know anything about coding/installing scripts onto a server, it would be nice to have a subscription. ipb doesn't make their chat, but their ipchat is a nice chat program that they charge for $150/year and I just pay for it and saves me the trouble of installing it myself.

there are customers who would rather pay a price because they don't want to mess with things on the server, or maybe they just don't have the time. ie: they'd rather pay for convenience.

i was hoping that vb would have a service like invisionchat. and was wondering if they every plan to have anything like it in the future.

Comment

the link above is invisionchat they use a third party script called Raidersoft IRC.

Its then a case of just putting the link where you'd like it.
                    Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X