Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kleoz
    replied
    and after that my import impex dont work . it just shows a blank page . deleted and reinstalled and i got the same thing . blank page . whats happening i am really dissapointed from vb

Leave a comment:

• kleoz
    replied
    while importing i got error :
    Database error in vBulletin:ImpEx Source 3.0.1:

Invalid SQL:
    SELECT user_id,username
    FROM users
    ORDER BY user_id
    LIMIT 0,25
    mysql error: Table 'kleozws_org_-_bb.users' doesn't exist

mysql error number: 1146

PS : I already have the users table on the databse so i dont know wtf ...
    Last edited by kleoz; Tue 8 Jun '04, 7:38am.

Leave a comment:

• Scott MacVicar
    replied
    Steve he hasn't installed vBulletin yet, he's trying to restore the old database first.

Try the one that you use for phpMyAdmin if that doesn't work then try the one you use for FTP and if that doesn't work try mailing your host and asking what it is.

Leave a comment:

• kleoz
    replied
    where is that file located ?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Not phpMyAdmin necessarily, but it would be the same as in your config.php file.

Leave a comment:

• kleoz
    replied
    mysql pass on shell is same as i use i phpmyadmin isnt it ?

Leave a comment:

• kleoz
    replied
    ok man thanx

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    You need to upload the file to the server then

mysql -uKleoz -ppass DATABASENAME < /home/kleoz/kleoz.sql

The only thing you need to do is make sure that your user has the create permissions or make a new database before running this command, then change the DATABASE name bit

Leave a comment:

• kleoz
    replied
    could you please write me the command i should use to import file kleoz.sql ( backup ) to my mysql database via shell ? the ex user is Kleoz ans pass is pass write me the command i should use . the path to kleoz.sql is /home/kleoz/kleoz.sql

Leave a comment:

• kleoz
    replied
    what about yahoo ? how i should do it on yahoo ?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Php scripts may only run so long, most of the time this is set between 30 - 60 seconds. Basicly if you can not upload the .sql file in that amount of time the process will fail.

By uploading the file to the server via ftp, you bypass your bottleneak (your internet connection). Most scripts like phpmyadmin will allow to import from .sql files that are currently on your webserver. Most of the time it is as simple as typing in the path to the file on your server.

For example your path could be:

/www/mysite.com/dbbacks/phpbackup.sql

Leave a comment:

• kleoz
    replied
    explain this a bit better i didnt understand and yes i am trying via phpmyadmin

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Yes it will.

Your problem is most likely a timeout of some sort, let me guess, your trying to upload via phpmyadmin or something similar?

Your best bet is uploading the .sql file to your web server via ftp in a folder ABOVE the public folder. At which point you will be able to import via a number of scripts and bypass the timeout issues.

Leave a comment:

• kleoz
    replied
    and lets say i managed to upload will the importer handle a 15mb database ?

Leave a comment:

• kleoz
    replied
    the problem is that i have database but my file is 15mb and the database cant upload that much it gets errors ...

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X