Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More replies below current depth...

"More replies below current depth..."

How can we get rid of this and see all the posts in the threaded mode? What is the downside?

Thanks.

You are currently showing up as unlicensed. To be able to receive support here at vBulletin.com, we ask you to please click HERE and enter your email address, to show us that you are licensed.

You will need to use your customer number and password (which will be in the email you got when you paid for your license) to access that page. Please note that your email is case sensitive.

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
      You are currently showing up as unlicensed. To be able to receive support here at vBulletin.com, we ask you to please click HERE and enter your email address, to show us that you are licensed.

You will need to use your customer number and password (which will be in the email you got when you paid for your license) to access that page. Please note that your email is case sensitive.

Thank you.
      That's correct I am not licensed. How is it possible to be licensed and have a pre-sales question?

Comment

Its possible to be changed but only from the admincp

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
          Its possible to be changed but only from the admincp

jwcrim
          Last edited by jwcrim; Sun 6 Jun '04, 4:02pm.

Comment

Well, Zack, I'm licensed and would also like to know

There are 2 values:

- Posts depths: 5
            - Maximum cached posts: 40

Now, how do these related to each other? Would it, for example, be possible to set Maximum cached posts to 0, and Posts depths to 99999 ? Would it show all threads in one go and fetch the post clicked on , on demand...or what?
            void
            Last edited by void; Thu 10 Jun '04, 1:37am.

Comment

For example,

One of you featured forums, atforumz, has a thread called "What's playing on your stereo" in this category: http://www.atforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25. It has more than 11000 posts!

Trying to view this thread in threaded mode, takes more than 3 min. and has the browser prompt for aborting the whole thing 2 or 3 times, before succeeding.

How can one avoid this? Is this because the clientside preloads ALL the of posts , instead of just the headlines? What would be the optimal setting for viewing all the posts in this thread, with a maximum of performance? And why?

Also, in the same place in a thread called Reagan Died, I noticed that when clicking on a "more replies..." made it jump to the beginning of the list, thus loosing orientation. Why is that?
              void
              Last edited by void; Thu 10 Jun '04, 6:18am.

Comment

Come on guys. Dont make me waste a support ticket on this

Comment

I don't use threaded mode exactly because I think it is too slow.
                  Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                  Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X