Posting to vBulletin by email

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posting to vBulletin by email

Part of what I am looking for the forum that I buy to do is, when I get an email in Outlook, I want to set up a rule to forward that to another email address which in turns will post the email to the forum. Will VB do this?

Thanks!
    Jamie

There is no built-in function to do this. It would require modifying the code. You can try asking about this over at vbulletin.org.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

email posting should be possible.

Originally posted by JamieinNH
      Part of what I am looking for the forum that I buy to do is, when I get an email in Outlook, I want to set up a rule to forward that to another email address which in turns will post the email to the forum. Will VB do this?

Thanks! Jamie
      How many people have to suggest this before the VB team makes this a standard function ?

Comment

I've seen maybe 10 people request this feature over the last year. Thats about it

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
          I've seen maybe 10 people request this feature over the last year. Thats about it
          I never thought e-mail system. I had thoughts of a news system. (programs like Xnews.) to read headers and post things.

/me shrugs
          http://www.szone.us | http://www.gzhq.net
          Twitter | Facebook | My:Hacks @ vBulletin.org
          Member of Kiwanis Club of Chatsworth

Comment

Originally posted by osirisjem
            How many people have to suggest this before the VB team makes this a standard function ?
            The whole point of a forum, is to get people to visit/participate at your site.

Seems like you want an e-mail list. I personally don't even like "e-mail notification" at all. I want people to visit and check messages, not only visit when a message they are interested in has replies. That is the whole point of a forum.

Comment

And take into consideration that there are many ways to forge the sender of an email, so accepting an email as a post is not such a good idea...
              More than 10 years experience in building communities!
              Consulting for migration, import, newsletter delivery, stats, adserver, choosing the right software.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X