Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vb3 versus IPB

Hi All,

Im new to Vbulletin and have a site with over 4000 active members currently using invision board 1.3.

Im looking at upgrading the site either to IPB 2.0 when it is released or Vbulletin 3.0x as in the not too distant future.

I would like to know the following:

1. What are the key differences between ipb and vbulletin?
    2. Why should i purchase vbulletin over ipb?
    3. What is the possibility that i cannot import all my posts/members etc. Do you offer some sort of conversion service?

thanks kindly for your help in answering these questions.

Kind Regards,

Chris

3. Yes you would be able to convert your members over with our importers that are available in the members area. You can see here what our IPB importer will bring over.

From my personally experience, I've used everything out there including a few really weird defunct scripts, I am sure my opinion might be abit biased, but I've found nothing simpler or easier to customize than vBulletin in both style and feel, and ability to add new features.

Comment

The best way to look it is to see that IPB 2.0 is going to contain alot of features which have been in vB3, it shows who the innovators are.
      Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X