Can I design my own templates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I design my own templates?

Ok I'm thinking about aquiring VBulletin, but I have a few questions I would like to ask.

1.)Could I design my own templates? Lets say I wanted to add Flash or something I designed inside of PhotoShop.
    I want the users to able to add(text)to my site, but I want them have a bigger GUI.

2.)Is it possible that I could change the User CP, where the User can have a little more control over their interface?
    (The way another user see's their post)

Before I go on with my questions, I'll stop here...

Silence

1. You can indeed customize your templates as much as you please. Every single aspect of the user's experience can be customized. I suggest you sign up for an admin demo to see the full extent of vBulletin's templating system.

2. I'm not sure what you mean by this. You can change the templates that are used in the User CP.
    Bugdar: PHP bug tracking software that is beautiful, fast, and robust.

Comment

Originally posted by CreativeSilence
      2.)Is it possible that I could change the User CP, where the User can have a little more control over their interface?
      for example you make it a user option to give them the ability to change the view of the postbit. they can have the userinfo at the top of the post or at the left side of the post -> http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101577 if that is what you mean?
      Originally Posted by Zachery
      John originally presented vBulletin to Infopop, they didn't take it, so he took it and sold it

Originally Posted by Martin
      We had to do a lot of arm twisting to get him to do it, though. I would imagine he still hates us.

Comment

Originally posted by CreativeSilence
        Ok I'm thinking about aquiring VBulletin, but I have a few questions I would like to ask.

1.)Could I design my own templates? Lets say I wanted to add Flash or something I designed inside of PhotoShop.
        I want the users to able to add(text)to my site, but I want them have a bigger GUI.

Before I go on with my questions, I'll stop here...

Silence
        1. Absolutly, vBulletins look and feel is 99% customizable from the AdminCP in the style manager

2. Yes either though template modifcations and custom user profile fields or though abit of hacking you can give users the ability to control anything you setup

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X