Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Storm
    replied
    You hit the nail on the head of what I was thinking of doing, that is a good example.

Leave a comment:

• Shining Arcanine
    replied
    Originally posted by Blue Storm
    The subforums are truly subforums of the main forum. I don't really know enought to do hacking of files and databases to make them look like seperate forums. Does that mean that it would be illegal if you DID make it look too much like they were seperate forums? The only thing I woudl possibley look at doing is making a 'forums' subdomain on my client's domain name point to their subforum on my vB install.

And hopefully if they are paying me to host them and they are running their own site they will no better than to mess around with things too much. And vB has tracking to see what admins are doing in the admin CP doesn't it?
    I think that making it look like seperate installations requires more than one license. Doing something like this:

http://www.houseofhelp.com/forums/fo...hp?forumid=128
    http://www.houseofhelp.com/forums/index.php?

Shouldn't be through. As I said before, I can't speak for Jelsoft.

Leave a comment:

• Blue Storm
    replied
    The subforums are truly subforums of the main forum. I don't really know enought to do hacking of files and databases to make them look like seperate forums. Does that mean that it would be illegal if you DID make it look too much like they were seperate forums? The only thing I woudl possibley look at doing is making a 'forums' subdomain on my client's domain name point to their subforum on my vB install.

And hopefully if they are paying me to host them and they are running their own site they will no better than to mess around with things too much. And vB has tracking to see what admins are doing in the admin CP doesn't it?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Does this invlove hacking the files or database to make it appear that each of these forums is separate, or are they truly just sub-forums on your forum? And do you really want to give all these people Admin status? That sounds like trouble to me.

Leave a comment:

• Shining Arcanine
    replied
    As long as it is one installation per a license, I don't see a problem with it.

However as a license holder as well, I cannot speak for Jelsoft.

Leave a comment:

• Blue Storm
    started a topic vB Tricky Liscense Question

vB Tricky Liscense Question

OK, Im posting this question here even though I am already a liscense holder because it seemed the most relevent place for it.

I am thiking of starting a webhost business, a small one that is aimed at providing webhosting for local anime and game clubs and groups. Now my big idea is that when you buy webhosting from me you get all the usual stuff but you also get a subforum on my own vBulletin installation on the same server. I would set up a vB and some forums and everytime someone subscribed I would create a subforum and give that member admin status so they could create their own fourm within their sub forum and design their sub anyway they want. This way they would be getting in essence a vB quality forum for free (and not having to worry too much about maintaining it) and have the added benefit of an existing member database and getting more attention from other people already singed up.

Now I wanted to make sure that before I went ahead with anything solid that I was not breaking any user agreement rules that I would have signed before becomming a customer, Ie the fact that you can only run one installation per liscence. I know Im technically not but would there be any fine print problems?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X