Can vBulletin do the stuff listed in my post (MORE INSIDE)-> hehe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can vBulletin do the stuff listed in my post (MORE INSIDE)-> hehe

Ive searched ALOT and I think vBulletin has what I need but Im a little iffy about a few things. Please, help me. Ok I am creating a subscription website and need to know if vBulletin is the right product for me.

I need the following :

- Index.html is basically an ad for the subscription (will this pose a problem?)
    - Forums are SUBSCRIBER ONLY and no one else can even register unless they are subscribing (Is this an option?)
    - A portal main page to display most recent posts and news. mainsite.com/main.php
    - Automatic creation of forum account after paypal payment
    - Yearly subscription renewal
    - And, I would REALLY love a really visible post rating system (1-5 radial boxes to rate each post)

Does vBulletin provide all that and any recommendations for which mods to use if something isnt part of the default package? Also, which portal add on do you recommend?

Thanks, plan to buy vbulletin right after I get these questions out of the way.
    Last edited by vint; Tue 18th May '04, 3:59pm.

The two questions I REALLY want to get answered are :

- Index.html is basically an ad for the subscription (will this pose a problem?)
    - Forums are SUBSCRIBER ONLY and no one else can even register unless they are subscribing (Is this an option?)

I almost feel confident about the others.

Comment

1. Do you mean an index.html file in the same directory as your vB forums? If so, you can have a totally different index.html file that has nothing to do with vB. However this means that people will need to access your forums with the full link including index.php.

2. Yes. You can set up normal registration with access to just one Intro forum, then post that for complwete access people need to purchase a subscription. Then set the approppriate subscription.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks for reply.

What I really wanted to know is if I can set up the subscription so that they do not register for the forums and THEN subscribe later if they want. This loses customers since they get confused (think they already subscribed or dont see the subscribe link) and all my customers will be subscribers so I dont want a ton of normal registered users clogging up my database (making it harder to find users etc).

Is there a way to customize it so the vB board registration is short and instantly transitions into the subscribing as if it was one process not 2?

IDEALLY, the subscription and registration pages would be the same in that a username and password are asked for on the subscription page and then the user can fill in extra board specific info after subscribing/account creation.

Comment

Working...
        X