Features I need

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Features I need

I'm currently using phpbb2 with loads of installed mods. I like the newest VB so am giving it serious thought for my latest project.

However I will need the following:

1. A photo album where members can create their own albums and have them linked to their profile for rating. Plus the ability to make pictures private to non members.

2. Display of gender in posts

3. A chatroom (java not html)

4. Ability to create a drop down menu box option in 'create profile field' section, I couldn't see that in the demo version.

5. Ability to specify picture size on profile photo upload and moderate the picture.

6. A portal system

Are any of these available as easy to install mods? I don't mind messing around with scripts if it isn't going to take for ever.

What other mods are out there ... either official or unofficial?

Thank you

1. Not possible without an outside addon or hacking

2. very possible, ive already released a mod for this at vBT

3. Ive released a Java Irc intergration at vbulletin.org that will do this

4. Yes, you can create a signle select drop down menu that will be a profile field

5. There is no moderation for the profile pictures, however it is a per usergroup option

6. There are tons of great portal addons over at vBulletin.org

vBulletin.org is biggest resource for vBulletin hacks, there are tons for vB2 and more comming every day for vB3

Comment

I'd just like to say for 5. There is a hack availible at vBulletin.org which lets you moderate profile pictures before putting them into a 'Photo Album'. It's a pretty neat hack.

Comment

Originally posted by moonclamp
        I'm currently using phpbb2 with loads of installed mods. I like the newest VB so am giving it serious thought for my latest project.

However I will need the following:

1. A photo album where members can create their own albums and have them linked to their profile for rating. Plus the ability to make pictures private to non members.

2. Display of gender in posts

3. A chatroom (java not html)

4. Ability to create a drop down menu box option in 'create profile field' section, I couldn't see that in the demo version.

5. Ability to specify picture size on profile photo upload and moderate the picture.

6. A portal system

Are any of these available as easy to install mods? I don't mind messing around with scripts if it isn't going to take for ever.

What other mods are out there ... either official or unofficial?

Thank you
        i have all of those installed as either hacks or template mods pm me if u want to know how
        the demo is available at my website
        rugs|cheap rugs|modern rugs|shaggy rugs|traditional rugs

Comment

Thanks for the quick replies ... the most important stuff will be in the form of photo album and profile photo options. I don't mind third party add-ons if they don't cost the earth and keep with the look and feel of the site.

I will check out vbulletin.org ... and what is vBT ~ is there a URL?

Comment

vBT stands for vBulletinTemplates (www.vbulletintemplates.com). It has a wide-range of template modifications for your forum (for vB2 and vB3).

Comment

Originally posted by assassingod
              vBT stands for vBulletinTemplates (www.vbulletintemplates.com). It has a wide-range of template modifications for your forum (for vB2 and vB3).
              thank you

Comment

One last question ... apart from photopost, is there any other gallery software that does the same thing for free ~ including personal albums? Although I'm prepared to pay for the forum software, paying for a third party addon is something I would rather avoid if I can.

Comment

Originally posted by moonclamp
                  One last question ... apart from photopost, is there any other gallery software that does the same thing for free ~ including personal albums? Although I'm prepared to pay for the forum software, paying for a third party addon is something I would rather avoid if I can.
                  coppermine is free but doesn't intergrate to the level that photopost does
                  rugs|cheap rugs|modern rugs|shaggy rugs|traditional rugs

Comment

Right I've taken the plunge and now have a shiny new copy of VB.

I'm sure I'm going to need plenty of help to get this thing looking just how I need it to ... so prepare for me to drive you all mad

Comment

Welcome to the vBulletin Community.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X