IPB 1.3.1 ---> VB 3.0.1 - problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IPB 1.3.1 ---> VB 3.0.1 - problems?

I've read about some issues with the Impex converter...

Going from Invision Power Board 1.3.1 ---> Vbulletin 3.0.1

I have NOT yet purchased a license, but am considering it... just wondering if this issue's been resolved at all(making a clean transfer from IPB 1.3.1 ---> VB 3.0.1)

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showp...17&postcount=4

The above thread is the current status of the IPB 1.3 importer.

Comment

Development :

User permissions.
      Forum permissions.

Basically, this means that once everything's transfered over... I'd have to go over the permission masks for member groups / users / forums again... and just set the values I want?(5-10 minute process) ???

What exactly is IMPEX may I ask??? What processes does it automate? Is it simply something to take my backup SQL and convert it into VB? Or does it back-up the old board + restore in one step???

Also, if I buy this lease license and a new version is released within a year, am I still a "full customer", meaning I qualify for all upgrades/etc. for free? Like the people who bought VB 2.2x 1 month before 3.0 came out... I'm sure they were given 3.0 correct?

Thanks again for the timely responses.

Comment

Impex is Import/Export, youll need to restore your dumped file into a database then you can use impex to import all the data that it can from the old database into the new vB3

A leased license allows you to run the product and recive support for 1 year, all new versions within that time can be downloaded and used, when the year is up you either needs to renew, upgrade your license, or delete your files.

Youll need to double check to make sure the settings are correct, which i would do anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
          Impex is Import/Export, youll need to restore your dumped file into a database then you can use impex to import all the data that it can from the old database into the new vB3
          More for you, since you seem to be so good at answering them

Dumped file = The db.sql file that I back up, from phpMyAdmin(for example) ???

"a database" = The database you speak of in the above quote; this is not an SQL database, correct? Simply a "database" used by VB3 for "importable forum data"(ex: IPB data)... and then it'll take information from that database, and put it into my VB3 SQL databases??? Sorry if my question itself is confusing(), but I just want to make sure I can "technically handle" this transfer if I decide to purchase VB3

Is Impex IPB specific? Or does it have options to recognize "phpBB Imports", "IPB Imports", "UBB Imports", etc. ??? (all i need is IPB)

Comment

Its very simple your restore your dumped file into a mysql database, then vBulletin's Impex system reads this and you clicks some buttons

The whole process is painless almost

Comment

Zachery: I refreshed the topic, and can't believe it's already been replied to ... u da man

This is contrary to "word on the developer boards" that Jelsoft staff is hit or miss at times, but nothing but praise for the helpful community members)

Hopefully if I purchase your product, all other staff will always be as helpful as you were in this instance Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by nydk
                I've read about some issues with the Impex converter...

Going from Invision Power Board 1.3.1 ---> Vbulletin 3.0.1

I have NOT yet purchased a license, but am considering it... just wondering if this issue's been resolved at all(making a clean transfer from IPB 1.3.1 ---> VB 3.0.1)
                i was able to convert. my majorly hacked ipb board to vbulletin properly.

i had more then 40 hacks installed for ipb and everything was resolved.
                from one of my friend/coder and jerrys help.
                @ that time vb 2.x convertors where available.

Sandy...
                TechArena - TechArena Community - News - Download - Video - Guide - Review

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X