Emailing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. Yes

Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Forum Manager -> Eidt Forum -> Email Addresses to Notify When there is a New Post

2. Yes, at least with these specific permissions:

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Administrator Permissions
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I'm trying to summarize what I've found regarding email notification in 3.0.

Are the following statements true?
      1. User can elect to be notified by instant email of all new topics in a forum. He can then visit the topic and manually subscribe to posts in that one topic.
      2. The Forum Manager can add a user (using the Forum Control Panel) to a list of users who will get instant e-mail for all new posts in a forum, even in new topics.
      3. There is no way user to subscribe to get instant email for all new posts in all new topics… (A hack might be doable, but I've not yet found one...)
      4. User can subscribe to daily or weekly email digests containing all new posts (including those in new topics) in a forum.
      Thanks!!

Comment

1. No
        2. Yes, up to a total of 250 characters for all email addresses.
        3. No.
        4. Yes.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Steve:

<This should be my last posting in this thread... we both hope!>

To my:

3. There is no way user to subscribe to get instant email for all new posts in all new topics… (A hack might be doable, but I've not yet found one...)

you answered an ambiguous "No." I believe you mean, "Yes, there is no way..." Correct?

Comment

Sorry. There is NO WAY to do this without hacking.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

emailing not useful according to vb team

Originally posted by [email protected]
              Can you set it so that you can reply to posts/threads from your private email and it displays as a reply on the forum?
              NO it is not possible,

Comment

So there is zero auto-response integration from e-mail?

Comment

Currently that's correct.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X