Moving to vB from YaBB SE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving to vB from YaBB SE

I am currently running a site using YaBB SE 1.5.4 and am considering moving to vB. I believe there isnt a converter available so can anyone tell me how easy it is to migrate the data from my old board to a vB one

Hi there,

I don't think there is a YaBB import script for vBulletin right now.
    You might want to read through this poll and status update:

Importer poll and requests ||| Overview of system and importer details

Comment

There is a YabBB SE import script for vB2. You could install vB 2.3.5, import, then upgrade to vB 3.0.1.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Anyone got any ideas when the YaBB SE 1.5.5 import script to vB3 will be ready, are we talking weeks or months?

Comment

Let me also add my voice in calling for an "official" converter from YaBBSE to VB3. I feel a little "challenged" attempting to import into vb 2.x and then upgrade to vb 3.x. I guess my experiences have caused me to prefer fresh installs rather than upgrades.

Comment

Originally posted by juggler
            Let me also add my voice in calling for an "official" converter from YaBBSE to VB3. I feel a little "challenged" attempting to import into vb 2.x and then upgrade to vb 3.x. I guess my experiences have caused me to prefer fresh installs rather than upgrades.
            I agree!

Comment

agreed...I'm stalling on a YaBBSE conversion right now!

Comment

There is no date set for them, but keep your eye on these two topics:

Importer poll and requests ||| Overview of system and importer details

Comment

YaBBSE is on the list to be done next, as you see it says Being done now

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
                    YaBBSE is on the list to be done next, as you see it says Being done now
                    WOOHOO!!

Comment

I can't wait, lets just hope its done quick!

Comment

On average how long does these importers take to make?

Comment

Originally posted by unknown_user
                          On average how long does these importers take to make?
                          The YaBBSE importer was released 3 days ago

See here.

vBulletin QA - vBulletin Support French - Lead Project Tools developer

Next release? Soon(tm)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X