Comparison - VBulletin Vs. Eve / UBB.x

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comparison - VBulletin Vs. Eve / UBB.x

I'm currently using Eve / UBB.x and am thinking of switching to VB.. (looking for any and all comments, please!) -

plus, more specifically.. What about browser compatability? With Eve the user has to have JavaScript turned on and have the newest browser, etc. What are the requirements for VB?

I like the ability to admin my own server rather then having a hosted solution. But I'm not quite yet sold on VB... There is so much to check out and look at with VB but I like what I see so far... Please help me decide!! Why would this be a good move.

Thanks for your comments and opinions,
    Khamai

vBulletin will run on any browser that has css support. All browser specific fetures will be turned off by the script if not supported by the visitors browser (the dhtml pop-up's for example), these can also be turned off globaly. Realisticly vBulletin will render on any browser, but some might require minor or major template modification (WAP for example), however you could always point older browsers/un-supported ones to the archive which will probbly always render in just about anything.

I think it would be a good switch has you will have more control over your community, and can tweak your server for vBulletin. This will also allow you to modify the source code if you wish.

Also last I looked infopop hosting was very high, I can't imagine why a decent hosting package + cost of vB would be more then begin hosted by infopop on their software.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X