Some Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Questions

1: I want to know whether or not I could change Version 3 layout with Version 2.3.2 layout?

2: Can I show Moderators instead of Post in the main forum page?

3: Can I show members' status under their avatars?

That's all for the time being.
    Thanx

1. You can make your layout look however you wish. However version 2.3.X styles are not compatible with 3.0. The variable names have changed, the structure of the files has changed, etc...

2. Showing the moderators on Forum Home is simply a toggle switch in the options.

3. Yes. Again you can change 100% of the front-end layout to suit your needs, without modifying any PHP code.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Thanx, that's a lot helping.

a few more questions please

1: can I can create my own permission masks? and how many of them are allowed?

2: when I purchanse I get access to http://www.vbulletintemplates.com. My access to this site will last how longer and how many templates i could use for free. Some details please.

3: Could you please give me a rough idea for a web space and mysql size for the following requirements:

For 200-member-community
      Online users expected: 10
      Hardly any message exceeding 500 words
      Hardly a few graphics under 100k
      How much bandwidht is needed?

I know it is difficult to answer. But I need a rough idea.

Thanx buddy :~)
      Last edited by chiefsaab; Sun 18 Apr '04, 6:41am.

Comment

1) Yes, permission masks can be set by the Admins, for usergroups and for forums themselves, its really customizable!

2) Your access to vbulletintemplates.com will last as long as you are licensed to run vbulletin, if you renew your subscription every year, you will have access to that site for as long as your have an active license. You will also get access to vbulletin.org. As for downloading, i think its free, just like vbulletin.org

3) Your last question is almost impossible to answer..it depends on how active each member is, how much they post or view posts and how many hits your site would get from outside visitors..

As a basic guideline that i use, webspaces should be about 30mb, database 30mb (with room for expansion of course ) As for bandwidth, its again dependant on users activity and visitors..might i suggest 500mb/day which is about 15gb/month?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X