• Show
Clear All

• Product Features Questions

Our business groups have been reviewing the product features, and we
    had a couple of questions...

When a URL or e-mail address is typed into the message body, it adds
    the html tags prior to the message being posted. In order to make it
    more user-friendly for a non-technical audience, is there any way to
    prevent these html tags from showing up?

Some of our business groups would like to have avatars on their forum,
    and others do not want them. Is this something that can be turned "on"
    or "off" by forum, or does it have to apply to the entire board?

Thanks for your help!
    Amy

I believe it is only possible to give access to avatars in some forums if you require them to upload their own avatars. You cannot do this if you want to make a gallery of avatars, at least not to the best of my knowledge.

As for your first question, I don't think it is an option within the default vbulletin but vBulletin has an official community for code modifications for vBulletin take place called www.vBulletin.com and you can request a "hack" aka modification or, in your case, likely just find the corrosponding hack because I'm sure others have requested it and it has been made.

Regards,
    Yuneek

Comment

Originally posted by ASnow
      When a URL or e-mail address is typed into the message body, it adds
      the html tags prior to the message being posted.
      If you simply type the e-mail address or URL, then there are no codes or tags visible to the person writing the message.

If you use the URL and E-Mail buttons with the Basic or Standard editor, then yes you do see the codes.

If you use the URL and E-Mail buttons with the Enhanced WYSIWYG editor, then the codes are hidden and the link simply appears.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X