Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre-Sales Question (Many Questions actually)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ChaosJester
    replied
    Yes, I will be doing an import from another board. I figured the smilies would be a rather uncomplicated thing, but I just could not recall seeing another board with smilies other than the traditional that is hosted by vbulletin...

Great! I will be purchasing later next week!

Leave a comment:

• kanezfan
    replied
    you can use your own smilies, you can upload as many smilies as you want, you can get rid of the built in smilies, etc... it's up to you

It's not complicated at all. you have a mysql database, you enter some info in a config file prior to uploading, you upload it all, fire up your browser, go to install.php, click next about 7 or 8 times, and that's it. If you're importing from another board, you just gotta do an extra step, namely running an import script.

Leave a comment:

• ChaosJester
    replied
    4. boo eZBoard :P - I know... but I didn't really expect the message board to really take off and didn't have the bandwidth necessary to host the account on my site. - I do know though

- So the smilies I can or cannot change to my own custom images? (not sure which question you were answering

Thank you for answering my questions! I think I may be sold!

- One other thing, how complicated is it to install? I am trying to decide if I want to try and wing it, or if I should have it pro done.

Leave a comment:

• TheAnt06
    replied
    1: You can hotlink images using the [img*] tag, you can upload images and files using the attachment system

2. What do you mean?

3. Yes, it's an option in the vB Settings.

4. boo eZBoard :P

5. If you mean board is hosted on 'domain1.com' and that is where the license sets it in the Members area, and you want to have 'domain2.com', 'domain3.net', 'domain4.biz' all to point to 'domain1.com', then yes, I believe this is allowed.

Leave a comment:

• ChaosJester
    started a topic Pre-Sales Question (Many Questions actually)

Pre-Sales Question (Many Questions actually)

I know these questions are going to sound ignorant, but you can now hotlink an image into the forums AND/OR include the image as an attachment in the current version?

Playing with the options this appears to do so.

Also, does this version have the capability to manually change the smilies or post icons?

Do you also have the ability to set the avatar and user name to the left hand side like is earlier versions?

I have been thinking of moving my EZ-Board account over for a very long time, and am considering doing so soon.

With the lease agreement, can you have more than one domain name pointing into the forum?

Thank you for your help!