Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chrisvonc
    replied
    I would love to be able to suck all the posts from my old Discus forum into my current vB forum. Right now its just a big archive that would definately be a great addition to my knowledge base if I could pull at least the posts in.

I will look forward to more info as it happens. Thanks Jerry!

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Originally posted by Snotek
    Yes it's using the backend for SQL. So the importer will be out next week? There seems to be high demand for Discus conversions, any ETA on that specific conversion?
    The main system will be, though not the Discus importer. I will follow up with information as to what importers are comming after the main release.

Leave a comment:

• Snotek
    replied
    Yes it's using the backend for SQL. So the importer will be out next week? There seems to be high demand for Discus conversions, any ETA on that specific conversion?

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Originally posted by Snotek
    Please see http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...ghlight=discus

--

A client of mine is currently running Discus 4.0 and is wanting/needing to convert to another BBS. We are looking into vBulletin but can't see to get any information on conversion.

Conversion for this client is a must as manual reposts would be impossible. This client currently utilizes 4GB is disk space, 90GB/mo in bandwidth, and has over 3000 users.

From searching around on this board it seems as though some conversion scripts have been in the thought process for some time now, but nothing has been posted. Please advise as to the status of these scripts as it will affect our decision in going with your software.

Thanks,
    Ty Lilly
    Snotek Consulting

[email protected]
    www.snotek.net
    Are you running Discus Pro with a mysql backend ? I guess with those figures you must be ?

Currently there isn't an importer for Discus Pro, though with the release of the importer system next week. Due to its nature it makes writing new importers very quick so with demand for a Discus Pro importer it could be done quickly.

Leave a comment:

• Snotek
    started a topic Importer - Discus 4.0

Importer - Discus 4.0

Please see http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...ghlight=discus

--

A client of mine is currently running Discus 4.0 and is wanting/needing to convert to another BBS. We are looking into vBulletin but can't see to get any information on conversion.

Conversion for this client is a must as manual reposts would be impossible. This client currently utilizes 4GB is disk space, 90GB/mo in bandwidth, and has over 3000 users.

From searching around on this board it seems as though some conversion scripts have been in the thought process for some time now, but nothing has been posted. Please advise as to the status of these scripts as it will affect our decision in going with your software.

Thanks,
    Ty Lilly
    Snotek Consulting

[email protected]
    www.snotek.net
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X