X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MattJames
    replied
    Hi Paul,

Thanks for the reply, and I have to ask, where your users happy with the switch. My biggest concern really is that my users may not be happy with having to learn how to navigate a new board.

Also, do you have any other comments you would like to share?

Matt

Leave a comment:

• pds
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Machol
    There is a DC Forum import script available for vB2. According to the comment in the code it works form versions up to 6.2. This script is available to customers in the Members Area. You would first need to install vB 2.3.5, do you your import, then you could upgrade to vB3.
    This is exactly what I did about 1 year ago and with a few very minor exceptions, it went pretty smooth. I can tell you I am very happy I made the change. Nothing against DCForum, just a lot more useful features in VB.

paul
    clubstogie.com

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Originally posted by MattJames
    Hi Jerry,

Thank you for the response and I look forward to seeing the list. I have another question about installing vBulletin 3.0:

While I wait for the ability to transfer my existing forum, I am thinking of installing vB3 to configure it and get used to it. Should I install vB3 on a separate server or do I have the option of installing vB3 on the same server as DCForum? In other words, will the two programs (that both run in PHP) interfere with each other in anyway? Or, do they need to be on the same server for the transfer process to work?

Thank You,
    Matt
    Nope as long as there isn't a clash with the table names you'll be fine, as for the import there are various was of moving the data or allowing the importer to get the information from a server it isn't on that it has access to. I will write a FAQ for this things for the release.

Leave a comment:

• cirisme
    replied
    If you want to experiment with vb3, you can set it up on the same server, just set up a separate database for it.(or use the Table_prefix feature to differentiate the tables)

Leave a comment:

• MattJames
    replied
    Originally posted by Jerry
    There will be yes, I've had a few requests for that one. At the moment I'm putting a schedule together with a list of the upcoming import modules that will be released, I hope to get this out when the importers are released to give people an idea of what is coming and when.
    Hi Jerry,

Thank you for the response and I look forward to seeing the list. I have another question about installing vBulletin 3.0:

While I wait for the ability to transfer my existing forum, I am thinking of installing vB3 to configure it and get used to it. Should I install vB3 on a separate server or do I have the option of installing vB3 on the same server as DCForum? In other words, will the two programs (that both run in PHP) interfere with each other in anyway? Or, do they need to be on the same server for the transfer process to work?

Thank You,
    Matt

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Originally posted by MattJames
    Hi,

I am considering making the switch from DCForum+ 1.25 to vBulletin Gold. It seems that there is a translator for DCForum 6.x; however, I do not see a translator available for DCForum+.

Is there a translator in the works and if so, when is it expected to be done. I would not want to loose my posts and user information in the transition.

Thank You,
    Matt
    There will be yes, I've had a few requests for that one. At the moment I'm putting a schedule together with a list of the upcoming import modules that will be released, I hope to get this out when the importers are released to give people an idea of what is coming and when.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    There is a DC Forum import script available for vB2. According to the comment in the code it works form versions up to 6.2. This script is available to customers in the Members Area. You would first need to install vB 2.3.5, do you your import, then you could upgrade to vB3.

Leave a comment:

• ManagerJosh
    replied
    You can also try asking over at http://www.vbulletin.org if there are any unofficial DCForum Importers.

Leave a comment:

• MattJames
    replied
    Hi Zachery,

Thank you, I will look for a response here or by email.

Matt

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Ill pass this along to Jerry as he deals primarly with importers and he should be able to give you a better anwser

Leave a comment:

• MattJames
    replied
    Hi Zachery,

Sure, it is the same developer that made DCForum. It is the PHP version of DCForum and is called DCForum+.

The website is: http://www.dcscripts.com/dcforump.shtml

In case you want to see what it looks like, my forum website is: http://forum.hypnosis.com

Thank You,
    Matt

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Ive never heard of DCforum+ can you give us a link to the site.

Leave a comment:

• Considering Switching from DCForum+ to vBulletin 3.0 Gold

Hi,

I am considering making the switch from DCForum+ 1.25 to vBulletin Gold. It seems that there is a translator for DCForum 6.x; however, I do not see a translator available for DCForum+.

Is there a translator in the works and if so, when is it expected to be done. I would not want to loose my posts and user information in the transition.

Thank You,
    Matt
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X