Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does vBulletin require its own database?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does vBulletin require its own database?

The intranet I am currently working on is a database driven site using mySQL, PHP, and the Mojavi MVC framework (www.mojavi.org).

Considering that our mySQL database has extensive information already in it, can I have vBulletin use this database too? Or does it have to be a new empty database? I've looked through the Technical Documents on the site, but could not find the specific information.

Thank you.

It's preferably to use a separate MySQL database but you can add the vB tables to an existing database by using the table prefix option in vB3 to make these table names unique.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Steve is right, it is (always) adviced to use a seperate database for each project you have running. One MySQL setup can run multiple databases. From version 3 on it is optional to set a table prefix in the config.php file. (This would be the one and only setting!)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X