Mods and child forums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mods and child forums

I have seen other vBulletin forums with the ability to allow certain moderators to be admins over sub forums. In other words, there is the admin who controls the whole site and then there is another admin for each sub-forum with the ability to add/delete public/private boards on those subforums. Is this a built in feature or a hack, and if it is a hack was it a personal one or has it been released to the community.

I have looked around but havnt quite decifered everything totally so just wanted to clarify

Thanks in advance

Twill

Why would anyone want an Admin to be only an Admin to a certian forum, don't make sense.

Comment

There is a hack like that. But Jelsoft is currently reviwing it, as it could be aginst the license agreement.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Cowen
        There is a hack like that. But Jelsoft is currently reviwing it, as it could be aginst the license agreement.
        how come it is against the license agreement?

Comment

Originally posted by exasko
          Why would anyone want an Admin to be only an Admin to a certian forum, don't make sense.
          Because I need to have certain people have autonomous control over subforums without being able to view/modify another group's forums...thus it does make sense.

It's probably a licence problem as it can be seen as taking profits away from jelsoft - if you have admins who have autonomous control over subforums, they arent going to buy a licence for their own forum are they, so one licence may be seen as many.
          but that is only in some cases...it is easy to argue that it is a legitimate use of the licence, just making the main admin's job easier so that they dont have to create all the boards themselves...which believe me is a pain in the rear end, and vBulletin is the only forum I have seen that has had a hack made to do this...BTW, Billy, what is the name of the hack, do you know?

Twill

Comment

Read about it in this thread http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=62849 .

Comment

Please.

Leave this arguement on vbulletin.org. This question is obviously a plant.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X