Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question regarding private testvbs

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Question regarding private testvbs

    I own a vBulletin Owned License, which expires this May.

    My question is this. I already have one testvb installed on a private localhost directory on a Dell, which is at one parents house. I want to know if it is at all possible to install a seond testvb on a private localhost directory on my Powerbook at my other parents house.

  • #2
    I believe all test VBs are ok as long as they are not public

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by dsotmoon
      I believe all test VBs are ok as long as they are not public
      In the strictest terms of the license, it is not allowed, but many people (including myself, because I do a lot of development) run multiple test vB installations. So long as they are not accessible, it is generally okay.
      --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
      Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
      vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by TheAnt06
        I own a vBulletin Owned License, which expires this May.

        My question is this. I already have one testvb installed on a private localhost directory on a Dell, which is at one parents house. I want to know if it is at all possible to install a seond testvb on a private localhost directory on my Powerbook at my other parents house.
        no probs running test vBs as long as it's private to you only and not publicly accessible
        :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
        :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
        :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by filburt1
          In the strictest terms of the license, it is not allowed, but many people (including myself, because I do a lot of development) run multiple test vB installations. So long as they are not accessible, it is generally okay.
          Actually, the license specifically allows a single development server.

          http://www.vbulletin.com/order/license_agreement.php

          Originally posted by vBulletin License
          If you have a valid licence, you may set up an additional test forum in order to test code, template and database modifications. To make this clear to us and our licence verification procedures, place it in a directory called 'testvb' and be sure to password protect it. It must not be accessible by the general public.
          AS to the original question. As long as only one of the test servers is running at a time and they are not publicly accessible, I see no problem with what you are asking.
          Last edited by Wayne Luke; Wed 24 Mar '04, 9:05pm.
          Translations provided by Google.

          Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
          Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

          Comment

          Loading...
          Working...
          X