price for removing copyright?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• price for removing copyright?

do you guys charge a price to remove the copyright? if so, how much? and where do i sign up?

yes its 120 usd and it can be purched when you purchase your license, or after

Comment

alright, thanx.

Comment

add to that, it is now a per-license option instead of per-account.
        Sig? What sig?

Comment

Wondered about that. I paid six hundred bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooper
            Wondered about that. I paid six hundred bucks.
            I believe that if you purchased the branding free option while it was still a per-account option you will still be covered for all your current licenses.

What I do not know is if the branding free option you have will be carried forward to any new licenses.
            Sig? What sig?

Comment

Yeah,

Well I purchased long before there was a per license fee. What was wrote back to me is that the money paid covered all licenses ever owned by me (past or future tense) under my license number. They must have started the per license branding recently. It didn't exist back when I purchased the branding fee. So instead of per account in which all my licenses are, now they must have a per license deal not per account. Nothing stated anywhere about this.
              Last edited by Hooper; Sat 13th Dec '03, 3:52am.

Comment

Your account would have been grandfathered in under your previous purchase. The "Customer Branding Free" License is no longer available though so any other customers will be purchasing on a per license basis.
                Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

uh....so let me get this straight...if I purchase the branding free and remove the copyright, I can only do it for my current version (3.0 gamma?). and if i upgrade to future versions, I have to pay AGAIN???? that's BS!

Comment

Originally posted by pk698
                    uh....so let me get this straight...if I purchase the branding free and remove the copyright, I can only do it for my current version (3.0 gamma?). and if i upgrade to future versions, I have to pay AGAIN???? that's BS!
                    No. It's per license, not per license & per version.

Some people can't read english, yet can write in it??? that's BS!

Comment

Originally posted by pk698
                      Gee, calm down. It doesn't pay to jump to conclusion and get yourself all frazzled for no good reason. The branding free license is for the license - not a particular veriosn.
                      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thank you,

Hi Steve. Hope everything is going well for you.

Thanks Wayne for the information. I was pretty sure that's how jsoft went about it with the new licensing branding. Good to know. Nothing wrong at all with the new way of doing it either really. It gives organizations the opportunity to purchase just for a single site at reduced rates rather than the old way of doing things. You would in fact have to have at least 5 vb registered copies to even touch the old price for per account. So either way, for most the new policy would be better.

BTW and IMO, the new site look is coming along very nicely. Kier, if your listening, very nice job on the blue theme. It's really appears to clean up vB3.

Have a good weekend all...
                        Last edited by Hooper; Sun 14th Dec '03, 6:45am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X