Linking to individual posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linking to individual posts

Waaarzazbzabsbubzbznasm!! Can you tell I'm infuriated?

Here's the jist of it. In vB3 you can link to an individual post, and from there, get to the relevant thread, and people do so all the time. In fact here's a link to a post that links to another post. The point is, when you're looking at a post and you want to read replies to it, the only link on the post's page is to the start of the topic - not to the page of the topic containing the post in question. Why must vB team members persist in making me scroll through seven or eight pages of a topic so I can get to the meat?

Huh? That is exactly why I posted this - so people wouldn't have to scroll through pages of posts.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

The point is, you can see the post without scrolling, but not all the replies in the topic after that post - unless I'm missing a tiny link somewhere in showpost.php.

Comment

Still not sure I understand, but there is a link to the complete thread on the upper left hand corner of the single post.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

It links to the start of the thread though, not to the page that the post is on.

Comment

Steve, what he wants is a link to the page the post is on, not to page 1 of the thread.
            - AJ Zmudosky

Comment

Originally posted by Darkshines
              It links to the start of the thread though, not to the page that the post is on.
              Yes, that's correct. There is no link for what you want. Sorry.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

It is easier if the person who links to the post places it in the context of a thread as opposed to a single post.

eg

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...86416&p=565471

not

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showp...71&postcount=4
                Sig? What sig?

Comment

Okay, I've changed it:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...86400&p=564672

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X