X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "vB3 Warning!"

http://forums.invisionpower.com/inde...owtopic=103128

Saw this while scanning the IPB forums. What up with that? Why would anyone want to lie about a security hole to move to phpBB/IPB from vB? That is beyond me...

Jesus... it's that Max dimwit again. Ignore him. He's a complete troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Chroder
      http://forums.invisionpower.com/inde...owtopic=103128

Saw this while scanning the IPB forums. What up with that? Why would anyone want to lie about a security hole to move to phpBB/IPB from vB? That is beyond me...
      Ugh, he can't even back up his own arguments.

100 users move to other forum software? Pulled out of his butt

Security hole? It was not proven, and someone probably guessed his password. Try google brute force, haha Pulled out of his butt

Jelsoft trying to cover it up? Uhm, from what I read from that thread - they tried to get Max to share log file entries, etc, but he did not provide them, or could proof where or how or whatever - he probably used a proxy and faked it :> Pulled out of his butt.

Now that there is so much space

Comment

FYI:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...010#post563010

We take security issues very seriously. If he would cooperate then we could gladly take closer look at this.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Ah, just as I thought

Funny how IPB delete threads about serious vB discussions but keep the ones that discuss security holes...

Comment

Originally posted by Chroder
            Funny how IPB delete threads about serious vB discussions but keep the ones that discuss security holes...
            It appears its been deleted now, whatever the thread was...

Comment

Has it ever occured to this moron that someone probably compromised the server to make themselves an admin and then delete themselves afterwards?

Comment

I don't see any further reason to keep this open.
                Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X