Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cant vbulletintemplates.com get linked too?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cant vbulletintemplates.com get linked too?

i brought up the though on vbulletin.org and i figured i should bring it up here, if vbulletintemplates.com is a sister site and it uses the licensing system same as vb.org, shouldnt template questions be anwsered there?

just a thought...

I've been wondering for a long time why vbulletintemplates.com doesn't get the same exposure as vbulletin.org. How is vbulletintemplates.com to survive if both vbulletin.org and vbulletin.com have template forums? Of course, people loyal to both those sites would want to release their mods in those forums.

vbulletintemplates.com was huge when I first joined there back in July of 2002. Now, it's just dead. Not even vB3 makes visitors want to go back. The exposure we once had is gone, and I doubt even vB3 Gamma/RC will bring back members. I mean, they have all their needs in the template forums of vbulletin.com/vbulletin.org.

I can understand why people don't like vbulletintemplates.com, and I think that's why there is so many objections to it. And so, the situation stays how it is.

Comment

actually i belive vb.org is talking about closeing any future tempalte requests however im not positive

but i think vbt should be linked here too

Comment

from what i gathered in a post, i think vb.org is indeed considering closng the templates section but yes i agree vBT doesn't get the same exposure, i mean it didn't even get the vb.net domain that was available

however the thing is, i think once you tamper with the source files you void your right to support where as with vBT being template based it's all good to tamper so vb.com can still offer support to modded boards

but yeah i think if vBT doesn't get a redirect .org-esque it should get a little exposure

Comment

Originally posted by sabret00the
          from what i gathered in a post, i think vb.org is indeed considering closng the templates section but yes i agree vBT doesn't get the same exposure, i mean it didn't even get the vb.net domain that was available

however the thing is, i think once you tamper with the source files you void your right to support where as with vBT being template based it's all good to tamper so vb.com can still offer support to modded boards

but yeah i think if vBT doesn't get a redirect .org-esque it should get a little exposure
          I think vb.com can still support modded boards because you haven't actually modded any of the php files just the templates.

That's just my opinion not a fact, anyone of the team care to elaborate?

Comment

once you hack your files, aka modifying them your no longer good for support, however template modifcation is perfectly fine

granted you revert your files back( i belive) you again quallify for support

Comment

vBorg has template section?
              Come chat with vBulletin fans, enthusiasts, official staff, and team members @ irc chat
              Server: irc.vBulletin.nl
              port: 6667

#vBfans, #vBorg,

1. vBulletin.nl -Nov '03- Competion Winner

Comment

yes it does

Comment

I wouldn't mind seeing a ' links' section on vbulletin.com like on vbulletin.org with cross linking to those sites.

vBulletin.org for source code modifications
                  vBulletintemplates.com for template modifications
                  vBulletin.com for official support
                  vBulletin-Germany.com for german community.

You'd just run into the problem of having a consitency between the sites. Thankfully they are able to link them to the same license database.

However, I do believe that since the templates fall under the support they provide here, you should be able to ask template questions and therefor also share your knowledge with others in forms of help or mods.

Comment

we asked, and we recived

Comment

lol, i noticed that vbt is now linked too but couldn't find a single link on the site to vb.com or vb.org what's up with that, that's just wrong.

Comment

its just me poking at ppl

Comment

Originally posted by sabret00the
                          lol, i noticed that vbt is now linked too but couldn't find a single link on the site to vb.com or vb.org what's up with that, that's just wrong.
                          Saintdog is the only one with admin cp access, ill send him a pm and point him to a thread at vBt about it. It should be added shortly.

Comment

sd is a busy little man !

Comment

maybe someone should help him administrating? ^^
                              The price of freedom is eternal vigilance!
                              - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X